CZ 458 Lott Update

Awesome news!

Im going to guess a lioness or buff wont know the difference between a 500gr A-Frame and a 500gr TSX... sounds like you have your situation worked out!

Awesome news!

Im going to guess a lioness or buff wont know the difference between a 500gr A-Frame and a 500gr TSX... sounds like you have your situation worked out!

You are correct. Sent Gerrit pic of group. He said “That will do just fine”.

OK.......for now, but I'd double check for windage on a future date. That is still a heck of a nice group for a big bore.

OK.......for now, but I'd double check for windage on a future date. That is still a heck of a nice group for a big bore.

Thanks. Oh yes it will be back to the range many times before my trip. I will probably put at least 100 rounds down range before June trip. It was nasty today at range wind and drizzle but I just needed to try it out and see if it would zero with this combo.

Im curious have you chronographed either load? They should be fairly close. Im wondering if you have some bad ammo.
There have been some issues with ammo.

I bought a CZ 550 Magnum in .416 Rigby this year and have the same problem with sighting in scope.
Cannot get enough elevation. 8" low at 35 yards, and scope dial is maxed out on elevation.
Using Warne Medium detachable Rings and Leupold 3 x 9.

Warne has offered to send new pair of rings but mentioned that it would probably not help. As described in thread this seems to be a CZ problem.

Try low QD Talley rings. Lower the better anyway for proper cheek weld. Talley guys recommended the low rings and I have plenty of clearance for a VX6 2-12x Leupold.

Try low QD Talley rings. Lower the better anyway for proper cheek weld. Talley guys recommended the low rings and I have plenty of clearance for a VX6 2-12x Leupold.
Appreciate the feedback.
Thank you, Scott.

Most likely yours will need a scope with a lot of adjustment in elevation.
Just like my Lott. Swarovski and others just don't have enough adjustment.
Leupold VX5 and VX 6 do.
That solved any issues I had.

Mark, good news on your scope system.
I love my reflex on my lott and with it being 1 MOA I would have no issue shooting game up to 150 yards. (I try not shoot that far but rather have fun getting closer if possible)

But the scope will help if that lioness is sitting in the shade or between bushes same for buffalo in the shade.

Awesome news!

Have read several people say TSXs are not the best to use on cats. They will not open as well as an AFrame.

I'll just say this little guy did not move, 458Lott with 450gr TSX at 2350ish (10 yards).

Screenshot_20230109_225159_Gallery.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.