Curious to see what action people are taking for the Coronavirus

Well the job I was on got shut down last week. Boss told me to stay at home this week, basically quarantine, so I don’t bring anything to the office. I get a call from him on Monday. Asks what was my last day out of state, I tell him Friday and he tells me that I fall under governors quarantine order and I am out of work for 14 days. It’s on their dime so I’m ok with that. Soooooo what to do with my time. We have had a couple of beautiful spring days here in Maine. Might as well get some unloading done, so that I have something to load when the snow rolls in tonight.
IMG_8409.JPG

Last edited:
I haven't been to town for two weeks. Been cleaning out sheds. We were in the 80's for a couple days but a cold front moved in so it's back to a few freezing nights. Went out to my pond and caught a few crappie and some small bass. It needs to be fished and to take out some of the smaller fish. So will be eating a lot of fish.

IMG_158630250683F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m still working full time but with most everything via phone and email. It has been harder to be efficient at work, but I’m glad to be getting stuff done. Spring is coming in Minnesota, I’ve been shooting arrows almost every night after work, turkey season opens Wednesday.
Here is a group at 65 yards.
55391E71-1915-42FB-82E6-1D91CAF31E09.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
joker.jpg

View attachment 341096
The tea gardens where @Kawshik Rahman lives are right next to the Maulvibazaar forests .The perfect place for a little casual hunting every evening until all of this COVID 19 corona virus tragedies come to an end .
Let us see if we can bring back a kakar deer tonight .
During the day time , I mostly clean my older ammunition ( some of which has been collecting dust for more than 2 decades ) or read novels or watch cinemas or play piano or paint .
View attachment 341097
But the 1 thing which I am doing MOST is dreaming about killing all the Chinese people in the entire world . Those communist swines are responsible for the deaths of thousands all across the entire world .
Major, sir
Are those American AAA cartridges 27 pellet or 34 pellet ?

Monday I was wondering what I would do on Tuesday. I have never done a marathon and I don’t really run any more, but I do walk a lot and had been exercising to walk up a buff in three weeks, so I figured, Why not Walk the equivalent of a marathon?

The first 18 miles were a breeze. The next four were a little more difficult. The last four kicked my butt, and I was feeling like Pheidippides.

I should have picked a day when it didn’t get into the mid 80’s. Who said wisdom comes with age. :oops: The temperature zapped me more than the walking.

Wednesday I woke up and surprisingly my legs were fine. My feet were tender and my lower back was sore.

A marathon wasn’t a bucket list item, but it became a Wuhan virus item to check off my list.

Now, back to the tax file:(

upload_2020-4-9_9-38-12.png

Well the job I was on got shut down last week. Boss told me to stay at home this week, basically quarantine, so I don’t bring anything to the office. I get a call from him on Monday. Asks what was my last day out of state, I tell him Friday and he tells me that I fall under governors quarantine order and I am out of work for 14 days. It’s on their dime so I’m ok with that. Soooooo what to do with my time. We have had a couple of beautiful spring days here in Maine. Might as well get some unloading done, so that I have something to load when the snow rolls in tonight. View attachment 341149
Nice looking Garand there, fellow Downeaster. My alltime favorite rifle. Is yours match grade? I like that little carbine, too.

I broke out my antique Armstrong wood splitter yesterday: a 3.5 lb axe, a 12 lb sledge and a couple steel wedges. With four cords to split, I think it will keep me busy for awhile. I gained an extra 4 lbs I have to get rid of as well. Great full body workout.

View attachment 341171
The Winchester " Super X " ( centre ) holds 27 pellets , Panther Shooter .
The Federal magnum cartridge ( right) holds 34 pellets . Do you need any ?
Major, sir
My cousin might need a couple of boxes of Winchester “ Super X “ American AAA cartridges for his Geco 12 Bore .

Pretty boring day today, wind gusts over 40 mph, too windy to go shooting or do much of anything outside. So I whipped up a big pot of mule deer spaghetti for supper and afterwards my grandson and I were still hungry. So we baked an oatmeal and raisin cookie. Yep just one cookie on a 14" pizza pan and it kinda hit the spot with a couple of big glasses of milk.
IMG_1073.jpg

A little more than a foot of nice wet heavy snow here, Thursday night into Friday. Power went out about 7pm Thursday, still waiting for it to find its way back. Generator running the boiler, 3 freezers, fridge and TV.

I've worked every day since I returned from vacation March 18th.
I've mentioned before I work in an extremely busy grocery store as produce manager.
Since I've been back I estimate due to average daily customer count we've been exposed to about 30,000 people in that time. No employees have been confirmed with covid as they aren't doing tests but a few have been out for a week due to coughs and such.
I have to say the once friendly and appreciative attitude is changing as things drag on. Far less talking and very likely to get pushed out of the way by people's carts at this point.
90% of customers are wearing gloves and face masks. Eagle county now requires face masks for essential workers with a $5,000 fine and up to 2 years prison for non compliance. I work 20 minutes from Aspen, Co btw.
Anyway, up and off to work I go. Will finally have a day off tuesday

Adding to my above post.
This is a community of service workers that is largely out of work due to aspen being shut down. Construction, hotels, restaurants, nearly everything.
Yet sales continue running higher than normal.
I can only assume people are burning any savings they had or are running credit cards to the limit.

So we baked an oatmeal and raisin cookie. Yep just one cookie on a 14" pizza pan and it kinda hit the spot with a couple of big glasses of milk.
Yum! My all time favorite cookie! A giant one like that would be grand!

Thunderstorms rolled through two days ago with roughly 60 mile per hour straight line winds for a short while on our place. Spouse and I were on the back ridge next to the river when it hit and we looked like stars in a B grade action film dodging enormous falling limbs (ancient pecan trees) racing back to the house (she on the Kawasaki mule and me on the mower - fortunately a large fast mower). I'll spend much of this week with chainsaw and tractor. Country life can be special. Thank goodness for the 30 KW generator.

The last three days it has been in the 70s, so I’ve been playing games outside with the granddaughter and starting to catch up on yard work. Tonight a front moves in with the low of 15 and up to 4” of snow. So tomorrow or Monday I may be shoveling snow...again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!