Crushed Crate

Wow you need to post this again with the photos posted at full image size.
It is kind of hard to see the photo’s.

I'm sorry, I thought you could click on them to expand them. Here they are expanded.

Container.jpg
Eland_Nose.jpg
Eland_Nose_2.jpg

Oh no offense was intended![/QUOTE said:
Excuse ME

I would suggest you learn how to quote people!

Have a great weekend!

A quality taxidermist can get you another cape for that eland - no it won't be the exact one, but it will be close and the horns are certainly salvageable. The better the taxidermist, the more likely he'll find you good match for that cape. Were it my issue, I would immediately contact Artistry in Wildlife.

Concur. Sorry for the loss, but I suspect this is recoverable

Sorry to hear that, but I am sure this can can be fixed by a good taxidermist.

I can help you if you’d like. I really need more and better pictures to see what is repairable and what is not. For that that is not we would need replacement capes and a remount. I’m in the Panhandle of Texas so I do a lot of work coming out of New Mexico.

I can help you if you’d like. I really need more and better pictures to see what is repairable and what is not. For that that is not we would need replacement capes and a remount. I’m in the Panhandle of Texas so I do a lot of work coming out of New Mexico.

PM sent, thank you

Blew up your pic , Nice rag top on that eland and dark red. Classy Bull. Hard to replace but I have eland capes TANNED for 400 for my clients if you want re mount an they pay for it. 400 cape and 1600 to remount.
That face IS repairable if all the pieces are there and coppersmith doesn't loose even the smallest piece. a GOOD fix if its just what I see the face , Approx 350-500 if they pay for shipping both ways about 300 each way. Such a shame to see. I have deliver all my trophies or ship freight very insured and "KNOCK WOOD" in 15 years NEVER one issue of any damage to any of my pieces, Thank the Lord !

what the hell does that mean????

Blew up your pic , Nice rag top on that eland and dark red. Classy Bull. Hard to replace but I have eland capes TANNED for 400 for my clients if you want re mount an they pay for it. 400 cape and 1600 to remount.
That face IS repairable if all the pieces are there and coppersmith doesn't loose even the smallest piece. a GOOD fix if its just what I see the face , Approx 350-500 if they pay for shipping both ways about 300 each way. Such a shame to see. I have deliver all my trophies or ship freight very insured and "KNOCK WOOD" in 15 years NEVER one issue of any damage to any of my pieces, Thank the Lord !

Just to clarify, because I don't know anything about taxidermy, do you mean no piece of the Cape is missing, or none of the plaster? I'm sorry, it's probably obvious but I just want to make sure. Also ty for taking a look!

I had a giraffe show up with a whole ear missing. Took some time but I was able to get another ear from Africa and attach it.
Photo is not that good, a reproduction nose could be used, re-hydrate the nose area of skin and make repairs, may not be perfect but possibly doable.

I'm sorry. Yes, you clearly meant Cape. I was tired and frustrated about something else going on which meant I wasn't putting 2 + 2 together coming up with 4. When the crate gets to me I'll post or P.M. some better pictures in greater numbers.

So sorry to see this. Have the clearing broker, take more detail pictures of everything inside the crate, and each item that is damaged. Also, there may be some hidden damages that can't be seen until everything is pulled out of the crate.

That is exactly what happened to me, done by the idiots of Estes. Apparently they put a heavier crate on top of my trophies, and busted the crate. My Kudu is what suffered the most, and one day when I have some extra $$$ I'll be sending my Kudu to Artistry of Wildlife to get fixed.

Good luck to you!

So sorry to see this. Have the clearing broker, take more detail pictures of everything inside the crate, and each item that is damaged. Also, there may be some hidden damages that can't be seen until everything is pulled out of the crate.

That is exactly what happened to me, done by the idiots of Estes. Apparently they put a heavier crate on top of my trophies, and busted the crate. My Kudu is what suffered the most, and one day when I have some extra $$$ I'll be sending my Kudu to Artistry of Wildlife to get fixed.

Good luck to you!

Your right, there was other trophy damage as well. Some busted Impala horns, perhaps some broken Blesbock horn as well and that's just what we could see from the pictures. With luck they will be sending the crate out to us this week then I'll be sending additional pics to @gizmo and @The Artistry of Wildlife to see what, if anything, can be done about salvaging it. I'm really hoping it's something that can be stitched or glued or repaired in some other way as this animal would never look right to me without the original features if that makes sense. It would always look like someone else's trophy, not mine. Also your right on what happened to the crate as well, DELTA must have tried stacking something heavy on top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg