COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

I think what @Saul is saying is businesses have a right to choose how they run their business. If they want you to wear one and you dont want to wear one you have the right to shop somewhere else.

The masks are a bit silly, I wear an altitude mask it doesnt nothing for protection but looks scary and people stay away from me. Which was my intended purpose.

I think in a couple weeks we will find out if this Covid19 was all blown out of proportion. Maybe it is just a big bunch of bull like the energy crisis.

I think what @Saul is saying is businesses have a right to choose how they run their business. If they want you to wear one and you dont want to wear one you have the right to shop somewhere else.

The masks are a bit silly, I wear an altitude mask it doesnt nothing for protection but looks scary and people stay away from me. Which was my intended purpose.
Exactly what I have been saying, thank you. People these days are too rude, thinking that they are the most important people in the world. If a business owner feels like his customers should wear masks, then why do people feel the need to walk in and cuss him out when asked to wear one? I am just so sick of this sense of entitlement.

103424363_10158938213248465_7849878332211163147_n.jpg

Well they say opinions are like a-holes: everyone has one and they all stink. So I suppose I'll add mine to the mix. I'm sure this has already been said by some and argued by others (I did not read the 100 pages), but maybe my spin will add some "value". I lay the standard disclaimer that I'm no doctor, I dont pretend to have any facts or information to back my claims, I'm only giving my viewpoint, right or wrong.

I believe that most masks are not capable of stopping virus spread, but any interaction where both/all parties are wearing any form of mask does help to minimize the risk. --- I wear one when I must (as a retail sales person, I wear every time someone comes into my store), or when the majority of people around me have one on. Even if it may not help, it certainly does not hurt.

I believe there is no reason to he any more afraid of this virus than the flu, with the exception of no known "cure". If you are susceptible, please be cautious. Those with strong immune systems probably have little to worry about.

I believe the claimed number of deaths due to Covid19 are drastically inflated. Many reports indicate most deaths are people with pre-existing conditions and I would argue that a number of these people could/would have died from the non-covid issue. It is very likely that getting a virus (covid) contributes to acceleration of problems or complications, but to say that they are all "Covid19 deaths" is far fetched.

While I would like to believe this is a politically charged bag of BS, I am not so narcissistic to believe the US is the center of the world. Too many countries have been affected and impacted, and the world would not shut down just to get some kind of point proven against the US or its president. However, it is highly likely the analysis of response measures will be used as a political battle, as will the blame game of where it all started and how it spread.

Perhaps by biggest thought on this topic is one I've held for years, just not specific to Covid that did not "exist" until recently, is that humans are causing their own susceptibility to disease. All the germophobic individuals that live protected lives, overuse antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers, and otherwise have not allowed themselves to build natural antibodies in their immune systems have brought this on themselves. Again, I may be 100% wrong, but I feel most rural people have used the 5-secomd rule or eaten food with dirty hands, or otherwise built up their immune systems by not worrying about perfect cleanliness. And these same individuals are rarely sick to any significant degree. On the other extreme is the anti-vax, vegan, tree hugging crowd that bathe in purell daily are the ones that are sick every week. --- I'd bet that the same people with strong immunity are a very low percentage of those who were symptomatic COD patients, and the people sick every week no doubt self diagnosed they had it and are a bulk of the percentage of those affected and in hospitals.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't worry COVID-19 will get the Martians.

It is not about your life. It is about the lives of the 100,000+ people who have already died in the United States and the scores more that would have died if we had not responded the way we did.
Lots of people repeat exactly what you posted, BUT the numbers and statistics from countries who did next to nothing do not support that, they have near the same death rates as those that locked down and ruined economies. When you compare apples to apples. Not when someone has a heart attack and the last question before death is do you have difficulty breathing? Yes= a Covid death... Also do you think lockdown stops Covid or "flattens the curve" maybe its inevitable? New data states that Covid was around long before those medical professionals knew or told anyone to hide in lock up. The majority of countries populations will get exposed, get, and yes some will die. Death numbers are bad no matter what causes it, but most in Canada are elderly with existing health issues, average is 84. My thinking is high risk people may want to adhere to the sheep advise, healthy low risk members get back to living and life. I except my Canadian Covid death rate of .006% after confirmed infection.

Using the lock yourself in to keep others safe mentality would have you locked down for remainder of your life, maybe saving some one from something. Me I want to live life.

MB

Lots of people repeat exactly what you posted, BUT the numbers and statistics from countries who did next to nothing do not support that, they have near the same death rates as those that locked down and ruined economies. When you compare apples to apples. Not when someone has a heart attack and the last question before death is do you have difficulty breathing? Yes= a Covid death... Also do you think lockdown stops Covid or "flattens the curve" maybe its inevitable? New data states that Covid was around long before those medical professionals knew or told anyone to hide in lock up. The majority of countries populations will get exposed, get, and yes some will die. Death numbers are bad no matter what causes it, but most in Canada are elderly with existing health issues, average is 84. My thinking is high risk people may want to adhere to the sheep advise, healthy low risk members get back to living and life. I except my Canadian Covid death rate of .006% after confirmed infection.

Using the lock yourself in to keep others safe mentality would have you locked down for remainder of your life, maybe saving some one from something. Me I want to live life.

MB
I will direct you to my previous posts about my feelings on lockdowns. The countries that were successful did not institute lockdowns. Instead, they put they tested early and adhered to masks. If we had done this, there would have been no panic, no economic fallout, and probably much fewer deaths.

Flattening the curve. :rolleyes:

flattening.jpg

I will direct you to my previous posts about my feelings on lockdowns. The countries that were successful did not institute lockdowns. Instead, they put they tested early and adhered to masks. If we had done this, there would have been no panic, no economic fallout, and probably much fewer deaths.
The use of masks in Sweden was entirely voluntary and very far from universal. Their testing was no better or worse than the rest of Europe. Their mortality rate was middle of the pack. These cloth masks are ridiculous in trying to stop viral material.

Like my ol' man used to say, "Would of , could of, should of". Hindsight is always 20-20. Hopefully, we'll know better next time.

2 Timothy 2:1
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross