Copper bullets

Hello all
Has anybody used federal copper power shock or premium trophy copper in 85 grain in .243 or experience of the federal copper ammunition in general, local gunshop has some in at £50.00 a box just thought i would reach out before i spend to try some out.

Hello all
Has anybody used federal copper power shock or premium trophy copper in 85 grain in .243 or experience of the federal copper ammunition in general, local gunshop has some in at £50.00 a box just thought i would reach out before i spend to try some out.

@Dudders I cannot say. I can say that my children used the .243 with 80gr Barnes TTSX to kill many of America’s largest deer with instant effect. Extremely impressed by what that bullet can do.

@Dudders I cannot say. I can say that my children used the .243 with 80gr Barnes TTSX to kill many of America’s largest deer with instant effect. Extremely impressed by what that bullet can do.
I would like to try the Barnes ttsx have heard positive things about them but my local gunsmiths can not get hold of any yet
Thanks for the reply (y)

Been using North Fork bore rider design bullets since they went into production years ago. Still use the .411 and .458 bullets and never needed to drive them at very high velocities; 2250 in .405 WCF and 2100 in .458.
Performed very well in both calibers and in DR of both calibers.
Bore rider bullets need less propulsion and do not copper-up barrels.

I would like to try the Barnes ttsx have heard positive things about them but my local gunsmiths can not get hold of any yet
Thanks for the reply (y)
I have had trouble telling the difference in performance between Barnes, GMX, Trophy copper ect. They all do what I expect a copper to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross