Copper bullets

Hello all
Has anybody used federal copper power shock or premium trophy copper in 85 grain in .243 or experience of the federal copper ammunition in general, local gunshop has some in at £50.00 a box just thought i would reach out before i spend to try some out.
 
Hello all
Has anybody used federal copper power shock or premium trophy copper in 85 grain in .243 or experience of the federal copper ammunition in general, local gunshop has some in at £50.00 a box just thought i would reach out before i spend to try some out.

@Dudders I cannot say. I can say that my children used the .243 with 80gr Barnes TTSX to kill many of America’s largest deer with instant effect. Extremely impressed by what that bullet can do.
 
@Dudders I cannot say. I can say that my children used the .243 with 80gr Barnes TTSX to kill many of America’s largest deer with instant effect. Extremely impressed by what that bullet can do.
I would like to try the Barnes ttsx have heard positive things about them but my local gunsmiths can not get hold of any yet
Thanks for the reply (y)
 
Been using North Fork bore rider design bullets since they went into production years ago. Still use the .411 and .458 bullets and never needed to drive them at very high velocities; 2250 in .405 WCF and 2100 in .458.
Performed very well in both calibers and in DR of both calibers.
Bore rider bullets need less propulsion and do not copper-up barrels.
 
I would like to try the Barnes ttsx have heard positive things about them but my local gunsmiths can not get hold of any yet
Thanks for the reply (y)
I have had trouble telling the difference in performance between Barnes, GMX, Trophy copper ect. They all do what I expect a copper to do.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,363
Members
168,877
Latest member
AidaDicks5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top