Copenhagen in Africa

I took a can for each day in my carry on and was fine. I would not want to try and find Copenhagen in Africa .

Vile nasty stuff.

When planning for Africa with a hunt operator that I don't personally know, I always ask if anyone hunting with me will be chewing and spitting. Every time this has happened in the past, the tobacco user tried to be careful, but with wind, windows, atv's or horses, I have always had to clean tobacco spit from my shoes, pant cuffs and or lenses. Or worse. I find it very unpleasant. This is not meant to discuss the pros or cons of Copenhagen use. Simply to say that questioning its availability is good for some. Its exclusion for others. We can all be different, just another potentially good question to ask your PH. Thanks for the thread.............FWB

Sounds like someone had a batallian of people spitting it everywhere and you've got an axe to grind against it?
For sure. Particularly the disgusting, gross, repellent, unsanitary bottles and cups of human oral expectorate they leave sitting about. A truly vile habit.

For sure. Particularly the disgusting, gross, repellent, unsanitary bottles and cups of human oral expectorate they leave sitting about. A truly vile habit.

Indeed. The most shocking thing about Africa is that the smell of snuff is the least of concerns. The odor of some of the trackers and scouts is absolutely unbearable. As in, lose your lunch bad if you're within 10' downwind.

That being said, for all our American or European sensibilities and meticulous scent control, these Africans can get so close to game that they prove once and for all, your scent doesn't matter at-all, only wind direction, body movement, clothing color, and noise matters.

I'm impressed when I get within 50 yards of game in America, I'm no longer impressed that I'm within 5 yards of game in Africa with 6 stinky guys standing next to me as it happens so so often.

Years ago I went on a mountain lion hunt in Texas with a buddy. There where 5 of us in camp and there was this one guy in camp, a local,- who was pretty much a quintessential drunkard. He drank a lot, but I have seen worse drinkers/alcoholics than him, however what stood out was how much he reeked of alcohol. You know that smell when the booze is literally oozing out of every pore of someone's body? Anyway he also chewed/dipped- and would leave cans of his spit and dip all over the camp. I was shocked how much accumulated over the 6 days we were there. Not to mention sometimes sitting around the campfire when he would spit the crap it would have a tendency to fly into people around. One night he even vomitted. You could be 10 feet from the guy outside in the open air and his bo would still be overpowering. I have to say those where some of the worst odours i ever experienced....

I use those pouches of white powder impregnated with nicotine and made in Sweden. It isn’t properly called snus. The way it is processed you don’t even need to spit and can drink while using it.

Zyn and Fre are two brands.

Sounds like someone had a batallian of people spitting it everywhere and you've got an axe to grind against it?
As noted, its a disgusting habit, and yes I did for years work around a bunch of "snoos" or "snus" chewer/spitters and was forever stepping in it or getting it on my clothes when I knelt down to work on the floor in the wood shop at the shipyard I worked at.
I hate smoking but would rather be around smokers than chewers.

You won't notice if someone around you is using Snus or Swedish nicotine pouches.

Any way one chooses to look at it, its a really bad, unhealthy habit that is just gross in so many ways. I frankly cannot for the life of me understand the attraction.

Try the Longhorn/Grizzly/Skoal longcut mint. It’ll keep you from getting intestinal worms too. They used to give horses tobacco to prevent worms. When my granddaughter asks me what’s in the can, I tell her it’s worm medicine.

Long leaf chewing tobacco like beechnut, red man, etc, is what horses like because of the molasses contained in the flavoring.

There is a difference between the processing of Long leaf chewing tobacco and dipping tobacco.

Long leaf chewing tobacco is safer and what you can give to horses to help prevent intestinal worms.

Dipping tobacco contains salts, fiberglass, nicotine additives and other hazardous materials that are harmful to animals and humans when swallowed and causes of tooth lose, gum disease, and other health problems and why it's harder to stop dipping than other tobacco products.

In a strange way, all this has made for some interesting and revealing reading :) What occurs to me is that of all the things that may affect me in this world, whether or not someone around me is using a tobacco product is not very high on that list.

I gave up tobacco years ago and hold no grudge against those who use it. Back when the "Karen" PC flip was taking place, I remember watching those who we currently call "snowflakes" start hacking and gagging when outdoors and walking UPWIND of smokers! Dang, my only thought then and now is- get a life. I know for a fact some of those same people who actively supported and voted for banning tobacco use in public have happily supported and voted for legalizing all manner of drug distribution and use. - go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg