Concealed Carry

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-rcs-two-tone.aspx

Commander barrel and slide, Officer frame. Every piece of equipment a 1911 could have. With modern mags, it is still a 7 shot, even with the short grip. Lightweight. Night sights. Mine was accurate. Let my brother pry it away from me. I still cry some times. If I could carry in Canada, I would likely carry this gun. Simply awesome.

Hi again Larry,

The 10mm makes more sense as a daily carry pistol here in The United State of Alaska than it does in many places of today's criminal friendly world.
Not only do we have our share of rather large boned and hard to put down criminals but, we also have the occasional grumpy bear, not to mention grumpy cow moose when they're tending a calf.
If that's not enough, we all quite often wear thick clothing most of the year, including the "zombies" (aka - violent drug saturated criminals).
The more cloth and insulation/stuffing, also bear hair/moose hair, muscle and bone that a projectile has to pass through before reaching the right spot, the better a 10 mm looks, up here on the wild frontier.

The Glock 10mm is a very good buy these days IMO, and even if it was to cost more than it does, I'd still rate it as an excellent self defense / carry pistol (and not bad for a hunting handgun either) for people like yourself who are willing to stay in practice and familiarity with it (should be standard behavior for all of us really, no matter what brand/model/caliber we choose to carry - IMO).
The 10mm that has gotten my attention (the new / all steel Sig P220 10mm Elite") costs almost twice what the Glock 10mm costs but, I am sure is no more adequate for the tasks mentioned above than the Glock is.
If I didn't already have more than one excellent carry pistol IE: a .357 Sig P226, a .40 Caliber Sig P226 and my old custom ("Street Fighter" as I like to call it) 1911, .45 ACP built on an early 1980's vintage Springfield Arms frame and slide, I would definitely consider the 10 mm cartridge now.
If the wild animals or zombies rush me now, I expect to survive it all with what I have but, that 10mm would be better if it was a grizzly or moose that tried to get me.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Frei Brothers vino, it's a personal favorite of ours, especially when enjoying any red meat/domestic or game either one.

Adios for now my friend,
Paul.

PS:
I am definitely with you on holsters that completely cover the trigger on handguns.
That's another reason I like to carry it, it serves double duty on human animals or the big hairy variety. My little girl walks up to the school bus it's about 100 yards from the house and there have been a couple moose hanging around the house here, sometimes I walk her up and I have that pistol with me just in case

Hi again Larry,

The 10mm makes more sense as a daily carry pistol here in The United State of Alaska than it does in many places of today's criminal friendly world.
Not only do we have our share of rather large boned and hard to put down criminals but, we also have the occasional grumpy bear, not to mention grumpy cow moose when they're tending a calf.
If that's not enough, we all quite often wear thick clothing most of the year, including the "zombies" (aka - violent drug saturated criminals).
The more cloth and insulation/stuffing, also bear hair/moose hair, muscle and bone that a projectile has to pass through before reaching the right spot, the better a 10 mm looks, up here on the wild frontier.

The Glock 10mm is a very good buy these days IMO, and even if it was to cost more than it does, I'd still rate it as an excellent self defense / carry pistol (and not bad for a hunting handgun either) for people like yourself who are willing to stay in practice and familiarity with it (should be standard behavior for all of us really, no matter what brand/model/caliber we choose to carry - IMO).
The 10mm that has gotten my attention (the new / all steel Sig P220 10mm Elite") costs almost twice what the Glock 10mm costs but, I am sure is no more adequate for the tasks mentioned above than the Glock is.
If I didn't already have more than one excellent carry pistol IE: a .357 Sig P226, a .40 Caliber Sig P226 and my old custom ("Street Fighter" as I like to call it) 1911, .45 ACP built on an early 1980's vintage Springfield Arms frame and slide, I would definitely consider the 10 mm cartridge now.
If the wild animals or zombies rush me now, I expect to survive it all with what I have but, that 10mm would be better if it was a grizzly or moose that tried to get me.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Frei Brothers vino, it's a personal favorite of ours, especially when enjoying any red meat/domestic or game either one.

Adios for now my friend,
Paul.

PS:
I am definitely with you on holsters that completely cover the trigger on handguns.
That sig is a very nice pistol to Paul.

That's another reason I like to carry it, it serves double duty on human animals or the big hairy variety. My little girl walks up to the school bus it's about 100 yards from the house and there have been a couple moose hanging around the house here, sometimes I walk her up and I have that pistol with me just in case

Larry, on days you don't walk your little girl to the bus, what does she carry? :W A Pistol::W A Revolver::S Cool:

You might look at one of these, as it looks like something for the smaller hand: http://www.realguns.com/archives/192.htm
This is actually a ficticous article, but I bet Ruger got a lot of inquiries and even a few orders after this article appeared.

Actually what I'm looking for is a 45acp with reasonable Bullet Capacity in a Double/Single exposed hammer configuration . I liked at the Glock 30s but the lack of a safety and the fact thats it's double action didn't get me all that excited

Hi again Rob44,

When you get a chance, open the Sig web site.
Go to "Products", then select "Pistols", then "P227 Enhanced Elite".
It is a .45 ACP caliber with DA/SA mechanism/decocking lever, exactly as the original P220 / P226 series of Sig pistols have.
It uses a typical design for current day: 10 shot staggered box magazine + 1 in the pipe makes it an 11 shot .45, (might come in handy some dark night on your way home from the opera).
And, it has a 4.4" barrel/slide, so finally in other words it is simply the P226 but in .45 caliber instead of 9 mm and .357 Sig and .40, that the 226 normally is chambered in.
Why Sig doesn't just call it the "P226-45" shall evidentially remain a mystery.
They retail for around $1100.us which is not much money in today's world, especially when your life might depend on it.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Hi again Rob44,

It is a .45 ACP caliber with DA/SA mechanism/decocking lever, exactly as the original P220 / P226 series of Sig pistols have.
It uses a typical design for current day: 10 shot staggered box magazine + 1 in the pipe makes it an 11 shot .45, (might come in handy some dark night on your way home from the opera).
And, it has a 4.4" barrel/slide, so finally in other words it is simply the P226 but in .45 caliber instead of 9 mm and .357 Sig and .40, that the 226 normally is chambered in.
They retail for around $1100.us which is not much money in today's world, especially when your life might depend on it.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
Thanks I'll give it a look

The first rule of a gun fight is have a gun, unless you are very disciplined you will start leaving the full size guns at home. A compact .45 is a great choice but if you don't have 10's of thousands of rounds under you belt with a .45 the recoil makes accuracy and second shots difficult. If you have stood ankle deep in .45 brass the Paracarry with the LDA trigger is the only choice. If you can't use a .45 a good choice for a general duty carry gun is the Ruger LC9s with a crimson trace laser. Adjust the laser to set just above the front site at 7 yards, in high pressure situations the laser is a great aid. High capacity handguns are fine for CQB so keep your 92 by the bedside to defend your home but carry a small, light 9mm, 380 or .38 special.

Hi again Rob44,

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

fk me Mr VD are you a sig rep these days as i got confusec 3 limes inyo yoir explentin ;)

I carry either a Glock 19, or a S&W Bodyguard. Typically the 9 mm until it gets too hot, then the .380 in the summer. I don't have to worry about thick clothes or skin down here in Georgia.

@matt85 however; thinks the .380 is too small and suggests one of his mid sized revolvers as an alternative. :E Big Grin:

fk me Mr VD are you a sig rep these days as i got confusec 3 limes inyo yoir explentin ;)

Me thinks Spikey was slightly over the limit:D Cheers:And without spell check:E Happy:

View attachment 53213
You’ll be hard pressed to find me out and about without at least one of these little buggars on my person. Clockwise from top left:

Ruger LCR-22 LR 8 shot Revolver with Crimson Trace Lasergrips

North American Arms 22 LR Mini-Revolver

North American Arms 22 Magnum with Custom Carry flip & grip pocket clip holster

Smith & Wesson Airweight Nickel 38 Special (my unquestionable all time favorite!)

And it’s evil twin black brother from another mother that I was lucky to find and by from a Texas cop, also a 38 Special S&W Airweight.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff,

You forgot to describe an important part of your setups. The Mika's pocket holsters. Mika's are the best thing going for pocket carry. A 642 in a Mika's holster is my everyday carry.

My favorite compact is my CZ RAMI. In 9mm. The CZ line of pistols are of excellent quality especially for the price. I am a Sig sauer armor growing up in my dad's gun shop working on Sigs and glocks Remington 870s and colt AR's for the police departments. The new sigs being produced in Exiter New Hampshire are a shadow of the former pistols that were originally imported from Germany. Typical of what happens alot when company's get americanized, the price goes up and quality goes down. I will post later and show some differences between the different generations of Sig pistols. But now let's look at the CZ

KIMG0073.jpg

KIMG0074.jpg

If you have not held a double stack cz in your hand your missing out. Even the full size cz 75 has wonderful ergonomics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you