Compound Bow Quivers

william081972

Reaction score
Website
hunthacks.com
Through pre-historic man to Robin Hood himself, archery is a part of man’s life for centuries now. Its uses, not surprisingly, have gone from survival to warfare also now to being mainly an activity. It continues to challenge many of the shooter’s faculties, and the skillfulness can still accommodate his audiences spellbound! Still, shooting a compound bow may be a very different ball game from the rest and takes being utilized to.

If you’re picking up the sport and intend to outfit yourself a bow and arrows is not all that you have to acquire. You will also probably require yourself a compound bend quiver or an arrow quiver. Yet, if you’ve started out by using a compound bow then despite the fact that have a bow you have to pick a compound bow quiver. A quiver is actually a vessel or container ideal for holding your bow and also arrows. They are usually equipped either along with a strap or are designed for being placed stably and incapacitated.
Bohning-Chameleon-Quiver.jpg

Traditionally made of pet animal hide, nowadays compound bow quivers are also available in plastic and that can be strapped on to your hip, side or back being a backpack. The purpose of these quivers isn’t just to protect your equipment the best way it can. They are usually meant to protect you and the people around you through harm.

Another thing to decide upon when you’re buying element bow quivers or an arrow quivers is the size. Obviously, if your bow or arrows aren’t too large then you don’t demand quiver that’s too big either. Consider how many arrows an individual quiver can hold and how many you want to carry when going searching before buying it.

One form of quiver is the back quiver which is certainly extremely helpful to any hunters. The quiver is so built that one could prevent your arrows through getting bounced over as well as stay right there on the back. Additionally, these quivers aid in store many arrows jointly. The arrow quiver is designed to enable the hunter to continue his arrows handy and discover easy access to this arrows whenever he wishes to start shooting.

The three important types of compound bow quivers tend to be:

2. Detachable bow quivers

These are the favorite arrow quivers of every hunter as it is attached to the particular bow and helps with the quick release of the actual arrows. These quivers are usually available either with the noisy attachments or they could be simply attached to the actual bow. The advantage of any such arrow quiver is that going barefoot helps to draw along with shoot the arrows with these being attached to all the bow.

3. Hip quivers

Best compound bow quivers are suitable for the archers or hunters who want to keep their arrows and quivers detached off their bows. This comes in handy considering that the arrow quivers are actually attached to the belt or to one’s thigh and hence does not swing whereas walking or hunting. Still, hip arrow quivers, despite the fact preferred by target fps, is not the ideally suited choice for hunters precisely as it will make navigating by means of bushes difficult and is prone to damage your equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more stuff you have attached to your bow the more noise it makes what can you do to silence bow quiver when shooting.

I prefer my quiver attached to my compound bow, but I loath all the quivers on the market that have 6 or more slots on them. If you can't get your prey with the first shot, chances are you will not get a second, or a third, fourth, etc.

In addition, that many arrows weigh down a bow. More weight helps with accuracy, but when you hike 10+ miles a day chasing game in the Rocky Mountains, you don't want all that extra weight. To help with the weight, I actually made my own sling this year so I can spot and stalk with a ready bow and not wear out my arms.

The more stuff you have attached to your bow the more noise it makes what can you do to silence bow quiver when shooting.

Trying to learn about this myself and the noise factor has been a question of mine as well.

Trying to learn about this myself and the noise factor has been a question of mine as well.
All depends on what type of quiver you purchase. Most of them come with vibration dampeners and they aren't the real problem. If the bow is loud, then attachments will amplify it. If you're not using a modern compound, then that is something different.

Rancho Safari CatQuiver. I have a quiver set up for my bow and it doesn't make much noise at all. But, it adds weight on one side especially once adding 5 arrows at 500+ grains per arrow. This could cause some unnecessary lean when shooting. By using a CatQuiver it eliminates the need for side bars and added weight to my bow.

It looks pretty cool!
I'm currently in the market for a new compound bow. I'm actually looking for a compound bow that is extremely quiet, durable and light. I've heard good things about the carbon bow, but it's a bit more pricey. Just watched the video, you guys may find it infornative too

I'm on a medium budget $1000, but the less - the better. Some of the bows from these reviews here seem to meet my needs, but what are your recommendations?

Tightspot is the way to go

Tight spot is the best quiver imho

While stalking, try the tenzing sling backpack with quiver attachment

You'll never hunt without it

IMG_6028.JPG

I've been contemplating the option archery quivalizer. I've only heard good things

I can’t use a tight spot quiver due to the adjustment knob on my single pin sight. I need a spacer to put my quiver out another 1/2 inch.

Tightspot quiver for sure

used a cheap sling bag off ebay and half the plastic tubing my arrows come in wrapped in paracord.

I can attach the quiver to my waist using 2 belts attached to my waist/thigh, or carry it slung over the shoulder and store the belts in the bag.

The bags nice and small but big enough for all my archery stuff.
Extra heads, fletching jig, fletching glue, wax, and spare strings etc.
Everything needed for a day or a month away with enough room left over for days worth of food.

It worked wonderfully except for arrow rattle, so I used a arm guard I brought for my nephews to use to hold the arrows tight one elastic strap wrapped around the quiver the other wraps around the arrows.

So far the prototype is going wonderfully and im planning on putting a little more effort into it.
1.Switch to 2.5inch irrigation pipe and have 2 tubes fieldhead/broadhead.
2.Line the bottom and the rim of the quiver with hard rubber liner.
3.Use clip releases rather then just paracord so the quiver is detachable from the bag.
4. add retention bands and use small spring release for quick one handed unfastening of the arrows.
4.Buy a better bag.. so far this one is better then I expected for the 20 bucks I paid for it but I dont expect it to hold up.

I cant explain how bloody useful it is to have a quiver/archery bag all in one, that you just grab add the arrows, food and water and off you go. I used to store my stuff in a full sized backpack which would always get in the way of a quiver and made attempting to shoot with it on annoying if I spotted a target due to strap pressure on my chest/shoulder when drawing
Also,I had a Quikee I mounted on the best compound bow only when enroute to my stand. I got a couple of those screw-in things to attach my quiver to when in the treestands. It screws right into the tree and lets me have my qiver close at hand and yet out of the way. And the Quikees don't get in the way too much whn I decide to stalk. When I;'m in a blind it just pops right off and I lay in next to me. pretty user-friendly I think. Been a bowhunter for 18 years now and have tried most all of them. This one works best for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois