Compound Bow Quivers

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Africa' started by william081972, Apr 18, 2016.

1. william081972

william081972 New Member

Through pre-historic man to Robin Hood himself, archery is a part of man’s life for centuries now. Its uses, not surprisingly, have gone from survival to warfare also now to being mainly an activity. It continues to challenge many of the shooter’s faculties, and the skillfulness can still accommodate his audiences spellbound! Still, shooting a compound bow may be a very different ball game from the rest and takes being utilized to.

If you’re picking up the sport and intend to outfit yourself a bow and arrows is not all that you have to acquire. You will also probably require yourself a compound bend quiver or an arrow quiver. Yet, if you’ve started out by using a compound bow then despite the fact that have a bow you have to pick a compound bow quiver. A quiver is actually a vessel or container ideal for holding your bow and also arrows. They are usually equipped either along with a strap or are designed for being placed stably and incapacitated.
    Bohning-Chameleon-Quiver.jpg
    Traditionally made of pet animal hide, nowadays compound bow quivers are also available in plastic and that can be strapped on to your hip, side or back being a backpack. The purpose of these quivers isn’t just to protect your equipment the best way it can. They are usually meant to protect you and the people around you through harm.

Another thing to decide upon when you’re buying element bow quivers or an arrow quivers is the size. Obviously, if your bow or arrows aren’t too large then you don’t demand quiver that’s too big either. Consider how many arrows an individual quiver can hold and how many you want to carry when going searching before buying it.

One form of quiver is the back quiver which is certainly extremely helpful to any hunters. The quiver is so built that one could prevent your arrows through getting bounced over as well as stay right there on the back. Additionally, these quivers aid in store many arrows jointly. The arrow quiver is designed to enable the hunter to continue his arrows handy and discover easy access to this arrows whenever he wishes to start shooting.

The three important types of compound bow quivers tend to be:

2. Detachable bow quivers

These are the favorite arrow quivers of every hunter as it is attached to the particular bow and helps with the quick release of the actual arrows. These quivers are usually available either with the noisy attachments or they could be simply attached to the actual bow. The advantage of any such arrow quiver is that going barefoot helps to draw along with shoot the arrows with these being attached to all the bow.

3. Hip quivers

Best compound bow quivers are suitable for the archers or hunters who want to keep their arrows and quivers detached off their bows. This comes in handy considering that the arrow quivers are actually attached to the belt or to one’s thigh and hence does not swing whereas walking or hunting. Still, hip arrow quivers, despite the fact preferred by target fps, is not the ideally suited choice for hunters precisely as it will make navigating by means of bushes difficult and is prone to damage your equipment.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016

2. David Middleton

David Middleton AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    US,England,Scotland, SA, Canada
    The more stuff you have attached to your bow the more noise it makes what can you do to silence bow quiver when shooting.

CAustin likes this.

3. Lrntolive

Lrntolive AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    RMEF, SCI, NRA, WCF&W
    I prefer my quiver attached to my compound bow, but I loath all the quivers on the market that have 6 or more slots on them. If you can't get your prey with the first shot, chances are you will not get a second, or a third, fourth, etc.

In addition, that many arrows weigh down a bow. More weight helps with accuracy, but when you hike 10+ miles a day chasing game in the Rocky Mountains, you don't want all that extra weight. To help with the weight, I actually made my own sling this year so I can spot and stalk with a ready bow and not wear out my arms.

4. CAustin

CAustin BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Trying to learn about this myself and the noise factor has been a question of mine as well.

5. Lrntolive

Lrntolive AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    RMEF, SCI, NRA, WCF&W
    All depends on what type of quiver you purchase. Most of them come with vibration dampeners and they aren't the real problem. If the bow is loud, then attachments will amplify it. If you're not using a modern compound, then that is something different.

6. Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson GOLD SUPPORTER AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Texas, Wyoming, Alberta Canada, South Africa
    Rancho Safari CatQuiver. I have a quiver set up for my bow and it doesn't make much noise at all. But, it adds weight on one side especially once adding 5 arrows at 500+ grains per arrow. This could cause some unnecessary lean when shooting. By using a CatQuiver it eliminates the need for side bars and added weight to my bow.

7. razorsharptokill

razorsharptokill AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    I really like my Tightspot quiver.

Hunter101 likes this.

8. andrewgrant

andrewgrant New Member

It looks pretty cool!
    I'm currently in the market for a new compound bow. I'm actually looking for a compound bow that is extremely quiet, durable and light. I've heard good things about the carbon bow, but it's a bit more pricey. Just watched the video, you guys may find it infornative too

I'm on a medium budget $1000, but the less - the better. Some of the bows from these reviews here seem to meet my needs, but what are your recommendations?

firehuntfish likes this.

9. Hunter101

Hunter101 AH Member

Member of:
    RMEF,MDF
    Hunted:
    Nambia, South africa, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Pennsylvania, British Columbia, KY,IL, Oklahoma
    Tightspot is the way to go

10. Ty Howard

Ty Howard AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Tight spot is the best quiver imho

While stalking, try the tenzing sling backpack with quiver attachment

You'll never hunt without it

IMG_6028.JPG

11. joker2400

joker2400 AH Member

Video/Photo:
    I've been contemplating the option archery quivalizer. I've only heard good things

12. Lee M

Lee M AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, USA, Canada
    I can’t use a tight spot quiver due to the adjustment knob on my single pin sight. I need a spacer to put my quiver out another 1/2 inch.

13. Synergy

Synergy AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI (Chile chapter)
    Tightspot quiver for sure