Checking in from the Last Frontier

yhc

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
527
Reaction score
972
Location
Alaska
Media
24
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, Germany, Austria, South Africa
I have been thinking about doing an African safari for many years. While living in Germany, many years ago, I almost pulled the trigger but the stars did not line up. For the past 15 years I have mostly been hunting in the Great State of Alaska.

Now I figured it's time to scratch the African itchy rather than just dream about it. So I just signed up with Kuvhima Safaris for 2021 with a few hunting buddies after attending the local SCI banquet this weekend with our spouses.

Though I have been lurking here from time to time while researching for African safari, I wanted to say howdy and introduce myself.

Regards,

yhc
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AH yhc! Nice of you to introduce yourself and say howdy.

:S Welcome:
 
Welcome! Word of warning. After one trip to Africa that itch usually turns into a full blown rash that needs more scratching. Just saying...
 
Yhc, you've done it now. From here on out there is no going back. Do you live in Alaska as well as hunt there? What will you be hunting in 2021? Will you be using your own rifle(s?)
 
Welcome to AH yhc! Congrats on booking your trip!
 
Giday yhc and welcome to the A H forums
 
yhc,

My sincerest condolences!!!, YOU!!! have entered the dark side of which: there is no cure!!!, no treatment!!!, no return of normalcy of life!!!.

Welcome to AH! and the brotherhood [(& sisterhood)], of hunting Africa! awaits your hunting reports.
 
YHC,

welcome to the forum, i too live in alaska, anchorage. welcome, this site is a clearing house for all things africa. velo dog also lives here in anchorage. drop me a pm, we could get together for a cold one and discuss all things africa in person. i was at the sci banquet last nite as well, i hope you enjoy the planning stages of your safari as much as the actual trip.
 
Welcome :S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH !
 
yhc, welcome to the AH forum! This is the place to kick start your Africa adventure!
 
Thank you all for your warm welcome and condolences.

Yhc, you've done it now. From here on out there is no going back. Do you live in Alaska as well as hunt there? What will you be hunting in 2021? Will you be using your own rifle(s?)

I live in a suburb of Anchorage, Alaska. So far I have a kudu on my list and a few others under consideration. I am primarily focusing on plains game only although shooting a Cape buffalo has crossed my mind if I can fit it in my budget. I am planning to take my Blaser R8 with either a 308 or 300WM bbl. If a buffalo gets on my list then 458 Lott bbl will go with me as well.

YHC,

welcome to the forum, i too live in alaska, anchorage. welcome, this site is a clearing house for all things africa. velo dog also lives here in anchorage. drop me a pm, we could get together for a cold one and discuss all things africa in person. i was at the sci banquet last nite as well, i hope you enjoy the planning stages of your safari as much as the actual trip.

Sending you a PM.

Regards,

yhc
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome aboard yhc, from one Alaskan to another.
 
Welcome to the posting side of AH.
 
From one Alaskan to another, welcome to AH.
I'm on the east side of Anchorage.
 
Welcome to AH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top