Checking back in

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
Hello all. It has sure been a while since I last logged on here, though not from a lack of interest.

I was treated for lymphoma a few years ago, and everything seemed to be back to normal, but then I started having the worst chest pain. I initially wrote it off as acid reflux, which has always been a problem for me, so I tried to ignore it. I then started having trouble breathing and the pain started radiating to my shoulder and back, so I thought I was having a heart attack.

Back to the doctor I go, and of course my heart is fine, but they find a 7cm solitary spiculated nodule in my lung, as well as spinal metastasis.

To make a long story short, after many rounds of treatment and quite a few surgeries, I am (somehow) still here.

With that said, everything in my life feels as if it has sped up while I have just slowed down, so keeping up with everything remains a challenge.

I am also coming to terms with the reality that, unless I start feeling much better, my window of opportunity to hunt Africa and get my Kudu has probably closed. Therefore, I will be checking in here when I can to live vicariously through you all.

Before anyone starts feeling bad for me, I am doing just fine, my wife thinks I am even more insufferable now than before, and I have no plans to retire (or expire) anytime soon. I am still traveling for work, for crying out loud!

Anyway, that was my long way of saying that it is always a pleasure to check back in with you gentleman, and to remind you to take every opportunity to hunt that you can!

Glade to read your still kicking, I'm sure you can sneak a Kudu or more in if you have a clear window !

Go after your Kudu! Book that hunt, and go!

Hello all. It has sure been a while since I last logged on here, though not from a lack of interest.

I was treated for lymphoma a few years ago, and everything seemed to be back to normal, but then I started having the worst chest pain. I initially wrote it off as acid reflux, which has always been a problem for me, so I tried to ignore it. I then started having trouble breathing and the pain started radiating to my shoulder and back, so I thought I was having a heart attack.

Back to the doctor I go, and of course my heart is fine, but they find a 7cm solitary spiculated nodule in my lung, as well as spinal metastasis.

To make a long story short, after many rounds of treatment and quite a few surgeries, I am (somehow) still here.

With that said, everything in my life feels as if it has sped up while I have just slowed down, so keeping up with everything remains a challenge.

I am also coming to terms with the reality that, unless I start feeling much better, my window of opportunity to hunt Africa and get my Kudu has probably closed. Therefore, I will be checking in here when I can to live vicariously through you all.

Before anyone starts feeling bad for me, I am doing just fine, my wife thinks I am even more insufferable now than before, and I have no plans to retire (or expire) anytime soon. I am still traveling for work, for crying out loud!

Anyway, that was my long way of saying that it is always a pleasure to check back in with you gentleman, and to remind you to take every opportunity to hunt that you can!
SAUL: it is a pleasure to have You back

Welcome welcome welcome back

Welcome back. Go hunt. More regrets about things we don't do than things we do!

Good to see you back Saul :D Cheers:

Good to have you back and glad you are on the mend.

Happy you're back! Go get your Kudu!

Welcome back Saul!

Please go get your kudu!
BTW welcome back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you