Checking back in

Saul

AH elite
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
3,712
Location
Key Largo, Florida
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
Hello all. It has sure been a while since I last logged on here, though not from a lack of interest.

I was treated for lymphoma a few years ago, and everything seemed to be back to normal, but then I started having the worst chest pain. I initially wrote it off as acid reflux, which has always been a problem for me, so I tried to ignore it. I then started having trouble breathing and the pain started radiating to my shoulder and back, so I thought I was having a heart attack.

Back to the doctor I go, and of course my heart is fine, but they find a 7cm solitary spiculated nodule in my lung, as well as spinal metastasis.

To make a long story short, after many rounds of treatment and quite a few surgeries, I am (somehow) still here.

With that said, everything in my life feels as if it has sped up while I have just slowed down, so keeping up with everything remains a challenge.

I am also coming to terms with the reality that, unless I start feeling much better, my window of opportunity to hunt Africa and get my Kudu has probably closed. Therefore, I will be checking in here when I can to live vicariously through you all.

Before anyone starts feeling bad for me, I am doing just fine, my wife thinks I am even more insufferable now than before, and I have no plans to retire (or expire) anytime soon. I am still traveling for work, for crying out loud!

Anyway, that was my long way of saying that it is always a pleasure to check back in with you gentleman, and to remind you to take every opportunity to hunt that you can!
 
Glade to read your still kicking, I'm sure you can sneak a Kudu or more in if you have a clear window !
 
Go after your Kudu! Book that hunt, and go!
 
Hello all. It has sure been a while since I last logged on here, though not from a lack of interest.

I was treated for lymphoma a few years ago, and everything seemed to be back to normal, but then I started having the worst chest pain. I initially wrote it off as acid reflux, which has always been a problem for me, so I tried to ignore it. I then started having trouble breathing and the pain started radiating to my shoulder and back, so I thought I was having a heart attack.

Back to the doctor I go, and of course my heart is fine, but they find a 7cm solitary spiculated nodule in my lung, as well as spinal metastasis.

To make a long story short, after many rounds of treatment and quite a few surgeries, I am (somehow) still here.

With that said, everything in my life feels as if it has sped up while I have just slowed down, so keeping up with everything remains a challenge.

I am also coming to terms with the reality that, unless I start feeling much better, my window of opportunity to hunt Africa and get my Kudu has probably closed. Therefore, I will be checking in here when I can to live vicariously through you all.

Before anyone starts feeling bad for me, I am doing just fine, my wife thinks I am even more insufferable now than before, and I have no plans to retire (or expire) anytime soon. I am still traveling for work, for crying out loud!

Anyway, that was my long way of saying that it is always a pleasure to check back in with you gentleman, and to remind you to take every opportunity to hunt that you can!
SAUL: it is a pleasure to have You back
 
Welcome welcome welcome back
 
Welcome back. Go hunt. More regrets about things we don't do than things we do!
 
Good to see you back Saul :D Cheers:
 
Good to have you back and glad you are on the mend.
 
Happy you're back! Go get your Kudu!
 
Welcome back Saul!
 
Please go get your kudu!
BTW welcome back
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,299
Members
169,520
Latest member
VerlaButle
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top