CB Finance debate, Egg Recipes, etc.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 7.48.51 PM.png

I've met CB, got a few autographed books, I like his writing, he's a stand up guy, and a Military Officer.

Where and when did he state he never took a free hunt? I recall him writing about a hunt in Austria at the private property of Swarovski, and he clearly stated this was a private property, invitation only, etc...
Also, his book on hunting South America (Argentina) was 100% sponsored by Remington and the new 300 Ultra Mag.
Thus maybe by not taking a "free hunt" it means he was PAID to go on the hunts, but NO WAY the average Joe affords to hunt like that.

Also, Dwayne Adams, years ago, talked and wrote about going to the bank and taking a loan on his house to afford some hunts; CB used a years worth of "combat pay" from a deployment (combat pay is $225/month) to pay for a hunt;

So, as to the original post, how does a person afford to hunt like this? A blessing from the Good Lord, connections, luck, honor and a career that supports such shenanigans!

taken this very morning after a difficult stalk.View attachment 224056

just a cull egg on the left. Really pleased with the trophy egg on right egg of a life time.
Looks like you may have the dreaded ostriches around. I don't mean to brag, but I have made a bit of a speciality of ridding the world of this pest. Unusual methods of despatch are not a problem. If you need any help, just let me know.

Here we mix that whole thing together with some Jimmy Dean ground sausage, cover the whole thing with cheese, under the broiler for a few and serve with catsup and salsa, outstanding. We call it "hobgoblin".

Here we mix that whole thing together with some Jimmy Dean ground sausage, cover the whole thing with cheese, under the broiler for a few and serve with catsup and salsa, outstanding. We call it "hobgoblin".
Also makes a good breakfast burrito

I guess he didn’t feel THAT bad about it because he did it anyway instead of maybe working harder and paying back his creditors the honorable way instead of claiming bankruptcy and screwing them.

I just don’t get this attitude some here have, giving CB a pass because he’s a “nice guy.”

Wondering if the people he shafted feel the same way?
WTF.. are you still here??

If this thread is an example of what is found on the “other” hunting forum I’m glad I never go there. I like this one where (nearly) everyone treats other hunters with respect.

The fella seems to have an axe to grind...

I guess you can call it an axe to grind if you want to but in short, I don't like disingenuous people. I feel that people should be responsible for their lives and if their lifestyle leads them to personal bankruptcy then I don't think that they should screw their investors or creditors out of their money....worst of all is the fact that CB did do this and CONTINUED to live his lifestyle without missing a beat! To me this is the most troubling aspect of it all. BE A MAN, face up to your mistakes, WORK EVEN HARDER AND LONGER and PAY YOUR DEBTS DAMMIT!

If my daughter SHOT my tracker, I would NOT stoop so low as to ask for donations.....I WOULD PAY THE BILLS MYSELF! No matter what it took! Responsibility...does anyone see a pattern here?
And once again, CB doesn't miss a beat and keeps on keeping on....$100,000 hunts etc. One of you said about me WTF? I say to you about CB WTF? Why so much Idol Worship. Would YOU have this attitude if YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO CB? I doubt it.

You all can shoot me down if you like but I am calling it like it is and I won't cut him any slack because he said hi to me at a show or signed a book for me.

Whoever wants to give him a pass go on ahead because suckers like you keep a guy like CB in business.

Last edited:
I guess you can call it an axe to grind if you want to but in short, I don't like disingenuous people. I feel that people should be responsible for their lives and if their lifestyle leads them to personal bankruptcy then I don't think that they should screw their investors or creditors out of their money....worst of all is the fact that CB did do this and CONTINUED to live his lifestyle without missing a beat! To me this is the most troubling aspect of it all. BE A MAN, face up to your mistakes, WORK EVEN HARDER AND LONGER and PAY YOUR DEBTS DAMMIT!

If my daughter SHOT my tracker, I would NOT stoop so low as to ask for donations.....I WOULD PAY THE BILLS MYSELF! No matter what it took! Responsibility...does anyone see a pattern here?
And once again, CB doesn't miss a beat and keeps on keeping on....$100,000 hunts etc. One of you said about me WTF? I say to you about CB WTF? Why so much Idol Worship. Would YOU have this attitude if YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO CB? I doubt it.

You all can shoot me down if you like but I am calling it like it is and I won't cut him any slack because he said hi to me at a show or signed a book for me.

Whoever wants to give him a pass go on ahead because suckers like you keep a guy like CB in business.
If you aren’t grinding an axe, the record’s certainly broken. You haven’t added anything new since your first post on this subject. Please assume we are all well aware of your position. Bold face doesn’t add anything. All or partial caps doesn’t add anything. And repeating yourself certainly doesn’t add anything.

At this point, I’m more concerned about the troll who wants to hijack an egg thread to talk about fajitas.

i havent said anything apart from joining in the humour part.......but supercat i think you have made your point and everyone will agree to that.....so take a chill pill or have a beer and relax for fuck sake......this is getting on for one of the most aggressive threads on here i think i have ever seen/read.........and its like you are kinda repeating yourself.......why not go read some other thread and maybe contribute to that.....(y)

YEAH hank you beat me to it.....it was stressing me as well!!!...:D Beers:

Wait I don’t get it???? Eggs and fajitas go together!!! What’s the problem????:)

You know what really worries me? Why the hell do the Brits keep insisting on putting a slice of frigging tomato on a plate of eggs. I find that very disturbing. :(

:S Agree:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeNuyts

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg