Camo Illegal in Namibia?

Coues106

AH member
Reaction score
Shopping with my Dad in preparation for our hunt this summer in Namibia while on vacation. Found a deal on safari shirts that we like, but they're only in camo. With it being the middle of the night in Namibia I figured I'd ask here: is Camo illegal in Namibia? I know it is in some countries. I'd much prefer a khaki, but this a good enough buy I'm not going to let that change my mind if it's legal. Thank you for your time and help!

Are African game color blind like NA game ? I think I remember reading somewhere about a PH that wore Hawaiian shirts.
I know everyone wants to look and dress and feel the part over there

It was illegal back in the 1980-90's...
I don't think it is now.

Our PH’s wear a mixture of solid colors and camo in Namibia.

i was going to add, the absolute best days (not the shortest, but best end results) afield in Africa were when the PH wore bright blue and white shirts....the next day i wore the brightest thing i possibly could and he/his wife said "What's that???" laughing....I said "Truck Camo!!" (it matches the nearly white-beige truck. hat/shirt/pants. i had to!) Got a nice, old buff after a LOT of walking, including spooking them at times. I think the brightness extended the mission. On hunts where the PH wore camo and the hunters proper dark colors or camo, things happened faster!
1711489722540.jpeg

I don’t know the law but when I hunted Namibia, the PH and tracker wore camo jackets.

Hunting camo is OK in Namibia. As others have said you don't need camo, olive and browns work well, but if you like those camo shirts and they are a good deal buy them.

This will be just fine...
camo-hotspots.jpg

This, not so much.
7-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know the law but when I hunted Namibia, the PH and tracker wore camo jackets.
it's military camo that unnecessarily raises flags in country. any camo worn in-transit may upset the lib staff and other passengers. choose wisely. i don't wear camo when not hunting and neither should most people outside the hunting industry. how interesting that camo is an urban trend now. LOL their local dem mayor (for votes) advised that they'll eventually get "their land" back, so they'd better practice up....Only, most had no land. lol

Last edited:
Guess I'll have to leave my white boot leggings at home? LOL
jim shockey most def sells camo leggings. search it!! for those long sits in the blind over baited deer...IF that were legal here, we'd have B&C deer every single year, sans any sponsors. lol

Shopping with my Dad in preparation for our hunt this summer in Namibia while on vacation. Found a deal on safari shirts that we like, but they're only in camo. With it being the middle of the night in Namibia I figured I'd ask here: is Camo illegal in Namibia? I know it is in some countries. I'd much prefer a khaki, but this a good enough buy I'm not going to let that change my mind if it's legal. Thank you for your time and help!
Guys, where does this urban legend come from? No you can't wear military camo in Zim etc but other than that this is a non issue. Sorry but it seems I deal with this weekly!
It's kinda like the "You can't do X in Africa". Africa? That is a continent!

Will I have an issue with my Rhodesian brushstroke camo shorts while outfit he bush in SA?

It may not be technically illegal but it can and does still cause trouble. For sure it won’t speed up any checks at police roadblocks if they notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you