Buffalo Painting

UpNorthMI

AH fanatic
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
572
Reaction score
1,565
Location
Michigan & Staffordshire UK
Media
22
Hunting reports
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
United States, South Africa, England, Scotland, Croatia, Italy
My wife has an artist in her side of the family, she knows how my son and I enjoy hunting buffalo so she got him to do a painting, it's 5' x 4'.

We are planning the design of a new hunting cabin, it will certainly find a place on the wall.

Buffalo Painting.jpg
 
My wife has an artist in her side of the family, she knows how my son and I enjoy hunting buffalo so she got him to do a painting, it's 5' x 4'.

We are planning the design of a new hunting cabin, it will certainly find a place on the wall.

View attachment 772465
Trying to be constructive here so please forgive me if you are offended. It appears the buff has a horn boss on top of his horn boss. The artist might blend the two bosses into only one. The head on view loses depth perspective and appears to be an oblong body shape in the horizontal plane rather than the vertical plane. Buffalo bodies are taller than they are wide. He also looks to have only three legs so some work may be done there to move him slightly quartering to add dimension. Please don’t be offended by my comments. I am not an artist but only an observer of art.
 
Trying to be constructive here so please forgive me if you are offended. It appears the buff has a horn boss on top of his horn boss. The artist might blend the two bosses into only one. The head on view loses depth perspective and appears to be an oblong body shape in the horizontal plane rather than the vertical plane. Buffalo bodies are taller than they are wide. He also looks to have only three legs so some work may be done there to move him slightly quartering to add dimension. Please don’t be offended by my comments. I am not an artist but only an observer of art.
Thank you for your comments. The family member is a keen amateur artist and certainly not a master, it was a fun surprise and will always bring back many fond memories of buffalo hunting to date.
 
Trying to be constructive here so please forgive me if you are offended. It appears the buff has a horn boss on top of his horn boss. The artist might blend the two bosses into only one. The head on view loses depth perspective and appears to be an oblong body shape in the horizontal plane rather than the vertical plane. Buffalo bodies are taller than they are wide. He also looks to have only three legs so some work may be done there to move him slightly quartering to add dimension. Please don’t be offended by my comments. I am not an artist but only an observer of art.
TOUGH ROOM
 
Trying to be constructive here so please forgive me if you are offended. It appears the buff has a horn boss on top of his horn boss. The artist might blend the two bosses into only one. The head on view loses depth perspective and appears to be an oblong body shape in the horizontal plane rather than the vertical plane. Buffalo bodies are taller than they are wide. He also looks to have only three legs so some work may be done there to move him slightly quartering to add dimension. Please don’t be offended by my comments. I am not an artist but only an observer of art.
The “extra bosses” you are seeing is the cervical/thoracic spinal hump above the shoulders. Also, you are wrong about the cross sectional shape of Cape buffalo. Their bodies are indeed circular in cross section. The body cross section of the American bison is ventral-dorsal elongated as you describe.
 
Would be cool to have custom prints made of it! Same size would work for my trophy rooms
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,916
Members
169,642
Latest member
CharmainKi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top