Buffalo & Kudu Hunt - $10,000 All Inclusive

I've been to Africa three times and I guess I'm the local authority (LOL), but I have been approached by a fellow that is interested in hunting RSA. I see that you have firearms for rent to clients and I'm curious as to what models and calibre that you have for rent for DG. Reason for asking is that I have suggested to him that they rent rather than take their own and I also strongly suggested that they practice with a DG rifle diligently to gain an intement knowledge of the firearm before even thinking of going on a DG hunt. I have access to several DG firearms and if the client in question is seriously interested, I would assist him in providing a firearm and training.

Thanks
Looking at the photos, the one common rifle clients are holding is synthetic/stainless bolt action with a can. From the teardrop shaped bolt knob I'm guessing Sako? I'll wager it's 375 H&H.

Last edited:
I asked this very question before booking. 7mm rem mags for Plains game and 375 H&H for DG.
Sako rifles and Swaro glass. One of the 375s has S&B glass. All top notch stuff.

1708803775833.jpeg

Last edited:
Renting a DG rifle for $25/day including ammo seems VERY reasonable. Especially considering loaded factory ammo for my 404 can cost upwards of $20/cartridge!
Especially when the person I have in mind doesn't own a DG rifle and acquisition of one for a one time use is IMHO cost prohibitive

Wik is as good as it gets! Accommodations, food, service, all are top notch! This Buffalo/kudu/impala deal simply cannot be beat! This is my cape kudu, he’s a dandy! My Buffalo was an old old bull with lots of character, my buddy shot a tank of a Buffalo, 41 1/2” wide, 17” bosses. Book with confidence!

View attachment 589221
@Andrew62 , Being here now and having had some great hunting I could not agree with you more. Great people, the lodge is fantastic. I am going to have to seriously diet when I get home. I would thoroughly recommend this place for someone. Great place for couples also.

Yes these are cape kudu and their property holdings aptly described as “kudu heaven.”
Drop Wik a pm or WhatsApp and when he isn’t out with clients he will return a message. Worth a look at their website as well

@Andrew62 , Being here now and having had some great hunting I could not agree with you more. Great people, the lodge is fantastic. I am going to have to seriously diet when I get home. I would thoroughly recommend this place for someone. Great place for couples also.
I'm booked for July next year and am looking forward to it !!

Sent you a pm as well samson7x

I'm booked for July next year and am looking forward to it !!
You are going to have a seriously good time.

Hi Guys
PLEASE NOTE:
This package deal is Sold out. Thank you for the support.
We look forward to meeting new hunters and return hunters on this package.
Lets keep the thread going for Photos of the hunters who will be coming over.
Thank you
Kind Regards
Wik

I'm going back to South Africa to hunt with Wik, I'm going back to South Africa. :ROFLMAO: :A Banana::E Dancing::E Dancing::E Dancing:

What dates did you get?

So far 16-24 Jun, with a possible back up date in Jul. (y)

Hi Guys
PLEASE NOTE:
This package deal is Sold out. Thank you for the support.
We look forward to meeting new hunters and return hunters on this package.
Lets keep the thread going for Photos of the hunters who will be coming over.
Thank you
Kind Regards
Wik
What a pity for anyone who dithered. Last weeks hunting was truly some of the most exciting times of my life.

You'll be there immediately in front of me. Spot us a good un to chase.

Will do! Are you going after Buffalo too? What else do you have in mind? The Kudu & Bushbuck hunts are great, and your legs & knees will remind you of those hunts. :ROFLMAO:

Will do! Are you going after Buffalo too? What else do you have in mind? The Kudu & Bushbuck hunts are great, and your legs & knees will remind you of those hunts. :ROFLMAO:
Buffalo and Kudu package for me.
I'm thinking I'll take my bow also and pending time/opportunity look at bushbuck, Nyala, springbuck, or a few others.

Going with 2 other guys hunting (1 one a PG package, another doing a cull hunt), plus my wife, other guys wife and college age kids so some non-hunting activities will have to happen after I get the buff and Kudu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldaddy

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.