Buffalo hunt recommendations

My best friend and I hunted with Somerby in 2014, plains game. We had a wonderful time and booked a trip in 2016 with them again. My buddy Tom killed an enormous buff (40+”) at close range after a long stalk. That was so much fun that we again booked with them for 2018 for another buff hunt and I killed a 38” Duggar’s boy-after 5 days and at least 40 miles of walking. Lots of stalks, lots of buff to evaluate- just the hunt I wanted. We’ve also got a hunt with them planned for next summer.
I’d encourage you to follow up and be specific about your experience that you want. They will deliver.
Have a great hunt!!!

How about Zimbabwe? Not that much more expensive than RSA (7 days $14K, 10 days $16K including trophy fees).
I am hunting with www.cmsafaris.com this year for buffalo among others.
My mate in Zimbabwe has a offer going right now: 10 days for a buffalo - US$11500.00.

I rarely post but follow this site regularly and appreciate all the information that is shared here. I have hunted plains game a couple of times in SA and I am now wanting to do a buffalo hunt in 2022. Tanzania would be an awesome adventure but budget realities will probably restrict it to SA. With that being said, I would like to hunt on a large concession with thick vegetation requiring tracking/stalking and looking over multiple animals until we find the right one. Not really interested in driving around in a vehicle and making a short stalk on an animal, hunting one specific bull on a small area, or shooting one at longer ranges. Ideally, the hunt would take multiple days with several blown stalks, close encounters, and end with a shot on a bull at relatively close range. I have already talked with Kuche, Graham Sales, and Somerby safaris and it appears that they have hunts as I have described. Any information from anyone who has buffalo hunted with these outfitters would be appreciated. Recommendations on other outfitters that could provide the type of hunt we are looking for would also be appreciated. Perhaps it is a bit soon to be looking for 2022 but I recognize the better hunts will sell earlier and would like to hunt during prime dates. Thank you for any information you can share.
It is not too soon to be booking a hunt like this. I would firstly be looking at Zim. There are many good operators there. I know Graham Sales is a fine operator as well.
Philip

No matter what or where, you will be doing some driving. If for no other reason than to cut tracks. I too would suggest Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia or even RSA in the right area and it's large enough. Then it's just a matter of sorting though all the outfitters and talking to anyone you trust who has first hand recommendations. Accommodations are somewhat secondary to me. Tent camps can be very cozy and comfortable. Also most outfitters will have good staffs and some amazingly great chefs doing their thing under primitive conditions with adobe brick charcoal ovens and simple grills. Talk directly to PHs/Outfitters. Use your "gut". Ask about their trackers and how long they have been together. Some teams have been together for 20 or more years. Some trackers are truly beyond belief. Feel privileged if lucky to hunt with them. Hunting that way is a real bonus. Don't overthink the planning. More time on the hunt is better than less time. Plan flights for longer layovers, not shorter ones. Take time to enjoy all the new things and people you'll notice if that time is taken. A 40" buffalo may be the least important detail. Good luck!

Thanks again to everyone for providing their thoughts and also to the outfitters that have also responded or sent a message. This definitely gives us things to think about and options to consider.

I rarely post but follow this site regularly and appreciate all the information that is shared here. I have hunted plains game a couple of times in SA and I am now wanting to do a buffalo hunt in 2022. Tanzania would be an awesome adventure but budget realities will probably restrict it to SA. With that being said, I would like to hunt on a large concession with thick vegetation requiring tracking/stalking and looking over multiple animals until we find the right one. Not really interested in driving around in a vehicle and making a short stalk on an animal, hunting one specific bull on a small area, or shooting one at longer ranges. Ideally, the hunt would take multiple days with several blown stalks, close encounters, and end with a shot on a bull at relatively close range. I have already talked with Kuche, Graham Sales, and Somerby safaris and it appears that they have hunts as I have described. Any information from anyone who has buffalo hunted with these outfitters would be appreciated. Recommendations on other outfitters that could provide the type of hunt we are looking for would also be appreciated. Perhaps it is a bit soon to be looking for 2022 but I recognize the better hunts will sell earlier and would like to hunt during prime dates. Thank you for any information you can share.

Hello ToddG,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

We offer buffalo hunts in the Zambezi Area of N/E Namibia, formerly known as the Caprivi Strip.

When you have some wee spare time, have a look at our web site and our video on buffalo.

No matter who you decide to hunt with, it sounds like you’d prefer no game fence or, at the very least, a huge tract of thick brush, forest and thorn, such as a riverine environment.

Good on you for it, I prefer the same.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hello Todd,

Good luck on planning your safari sir. A lot of good information and tips on the thread alreeady.

All my best,

Jacques

Good Day Todd

Always exciting planning a buffalo safaris.

I would like to invite you to consider us.We have a beautiful property in the Limpopo Province of South Africa just 2 hours drive north of JHB Int Airport.The property is just under 10 000 acres with varied terrain.We have a sustainable herd of over 70 buffalo on the property with other plains game and Hippo and croc.

You are welcome to contact me at any time if you have any questions or if you need any more info.

Regards

Rouan

Good Day Todd

Always exciting planning a buffalo safaris.

I would like to invite you to consider us.We have a beautiful property in the Limpopo Province of South Africa just 2 hours drive north of JHB Int Airport.The property is just under 10 000 acres with varied terrain.We have a sustainable herd of over 70 buffalo on the property with other plains game and Hippo and croc.

You are welcome to contact me at any time if you have any questions or if you need any more info.

Regards

Rouan
Will do. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteiztracksuit45

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!