BOTSWANA: NG 13 Elephant Hunt

Jerry successfully extended the elephant hunt and just got back. He had to immediately go to his Kansas lodge because he has turkey hunters arriving. He conducts the turkey hunts by himself and had to scout, get groceries, etc… before they arrived. As soon as he gathers his thoughts and gets time to put up a coherent story, he will post. Right now, he is taking care of business.

Thank you Scott

Cannot wait to read and see what happened on this grand adventure.

Not even a teaser yet? Suspense is killing me.

Jerry, I know you are busy with your hunters but you are driving us nuts with anticipation!! Can't wait to hear about your hunt!

Fellow AH members and hunting enthusiasts! I apologize profusely for falling off the face of the Earth and not completing my hunt report! I am back at the lodge in Kansas and guiding turkey hunters. I decided I better just start posting in small pieces because I cannot delay any longer waiting to do a big post containing all the events that happened on the hunt. Thanks for your patience!

I was successful at the very last minute and was able to connect on my elephant after extending my return flight date twice. I will flesh out my thoughts in much detail but in summary tonight I would like to say that this was the hardest hunt of my life. My PH said that it was the hardest of his! More than he bargained for! A slog as he said! This PH with decades of experience was at a loss! Strategy and planning were out the window as he said this was just a grinder. All the challenges we faced could fill a book. But you know what? There are a myriad of quotes that say things like... it is not the obstacles that you face but it is what you do when you encounter them! Quotes like.... you appreciate things that are very difficult to obtain! My PH, his team, and I did not quit! I walked over 200 miles as recorded on my gps device, some of which was in soft sand. We drove over 1200 miles in the wilderness and trashed my PH's newly reconditioned land cruiser, bushwhacking thru the brush! We were all in on this hunt and did not let the myriad of challenges and disappointment's we faced cause us to quit! I will go into detail in subsequent posts but I wanted to at least to start tonight.

My turkey hunters got there birds this morning in Kansas and left the lodge and the rain moved in this evening. I have some time to post quickly tonight.
IMG_0574[1].JPG
IMG_0624[1].JPG
IMG_5677[1].JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for the teaser we will wait for the rest later but a big Congrats is in order.

Congratulations on your elephant Jerry.

"I do not insist that this is a full adventure, but the beginning of one, for this is the way adventures begin." Cervantes

Looking forward to many more posts and hearing all about your great adventure!

Waidmannsheil @Jerycmeach! I’m stunned already! What an effort and adventure. And a gorgeous result in the end too. Very well done and looking forward to hearing all the details !

Congratulation¡¡¡ great job¡¡¡

Outstanding Jerry, I can’t wait to hear the full adventure!

Alright! Congratulations! This has been a great thread to follow. Looking forward to the rest of your story.

Congratz!!! hard earned hunts are the best and most rewarding. Look forward to the rest of the story as you get time.

Quite an adventure and exciting report. Congratulations!

Great looking elephant. Congrats on such a fine animal. Looking forward to hearing all about such an adventure. I know my most treasured hunting trophies are the ones that were the hardest earned, sounds like this bull will fit that bill nicely.

Great News !

Outstanding, congrats on a successful hunt. Anxiously waiting for the detailed report. Well done. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!