Blaser R8 Pro S Magazine

TOBY458

AH ambassador
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
16,326
Location
Madison Georgia, USA
Media
212
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
8
USA/Canada
1
I recently purchased an R8 Pro S stock. This is the stock without the removable magazine.
My question is, if someone here owns one of these, can you tell me if your stock has rubber bumper in the front of the magazine well where the magazine box goes? The removable magazines have this feature which protects the bullet tips from getting banged up under recoil, and also keeps the front of the bullet from getting lodged under the barrel that extends back into the mag well. See pics.
 
Pics

20220921_151741.jpg
20220921_151955.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
These photos are the first time I have ever looked closely at a Pro S stock. That does look like a potential issue if it left the factory that way. I have neither read nor heard of R8's of any configuration jamming because of a feeding issue. Something is odd.
 
These photos are the first time I have ever looked closely at a Pro S stock. That does look like a potential issue if it left the factory that way. I have neither read nor heard of R8's of any configuration jamming because of a feeding issue. Something is odd.
I agree. It seems like something is definitely missing. I sent Blaser an email and haven't gotten a response. I may call Mad Dog Guns this week and see what he says. He seems to sell the Pro S guns quite a bit.
 
I agree. It seems like something is definitely missing. I sent Blaser an email and haven't gotten a response. I may call Mad Dog Guns this week and see what he says. He seems to sell the Pro S guns quite a bit.
You can also call the Blaser US HQ.
 
I agree. It seems like something is definitely missing. I sent Blaser an email and haven't gotten a response. I may call Mad Dog Guns this week and see what he says. He seems to sell the Pro S guns quite a bit.
Toby Ill get some pics to you soon. I am not sure about this issue. I just know we have not had any issues with our Pro S and 7mm Mag barrel.
 
Toby Ill get some pics to you soon. I am not sure about this issue. I just know we have not had any issues with our Pro S and 7mm Mag barrel.
Thanks Philip. However I finally got an answer from Mad Dog Guns yesterday. It is indeed missing the rubber bumper that is supposed to be there. Yours should have it too.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,333
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top