Blaser R8 Pro S Magazine

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I recently purchased an R8 Pro S stock. This is the stock without the removable magazine.
My question is, if someone here owns one of these, can you tell me if your stock has rubber bumper in the front of the magazine well where the magazine box goes? The removable magazines have this feature which protects the bullet tips from getting banged up under recoil, and also keeps the front of the bullet from getting lodged under the barrel that extends back into the mag well. See pics.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Pics

20220921_151741.jpg
20220921_151955.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
These photos are the first time I have ever looked closely at a Pro S stock. That does look like a potential issue if it left the factory that way. I have neither read nor heard of R8's of any configuration jamming because of a feeding issue. Something is odd.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
These photos are the first time I have ever looked closely at a Pro S stock. That does look like a potential issue if it left the factory that way. I have neither read nor heard of R8's of any configuration jamming because of a feeding issue. Something is odd.
I agree. It seems like something is definitely missing. I sent Blaser an email and haven't gotten a response. I may call Mad Dog Guns this week and see what he says. He seems to sell the Pro S guns quite a bit.

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I agree. It seems like something is definitely missing. I sent Blaser an email and haven't gotten a response. I may call Mad Dog Guns this week and see what he says. He seems to sell the Pro S guns quite a bit.
You can also call the Blaser US HQ.

Philip Glass

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM

Philip Glass

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Toby Ill get some pics to you soon. I am not sure about this issue. I just know we have not had any issues with our Pro S and 7mm Mag barrel.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Toby Ill get some pics to you soon. I am not sure about this issue. I just know we have not had any issues with our Pro S and 7mm Mag barrel.
Thanks Philip. However I finally got an answer from Mad Dog Guns yesterday. It is indeed missing the rubber bumper that is supposed to be there. Yours should have it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerald5M

Latest profile posts

Wayne Johnson wrote on Angelo_orygun's profile.
I already have a die.My shipping address is; and your email is for F&F, Thanks
[redacted]
timfts wrote on Esoteric Junkie's profile.
is Randall still avail.
Roberto Mervicini wrote on krish's profile.
Hello Krish, a member told me that maybe you could help. I am making a 470 Capsticklooking to buy a chamber reamer, reloading die and need some info in regard to loading a 500 grain bullet .475 hard cast gas check to start, have : IMR 4350, 4831, 3031, h1000, RETUMBO and N150.
If you could help i appreciate,
Best Regards, Thanks Roberto
Got this old guy this year in Mafikeng on the plains with a long shot at 300ms he measured just over 19.5 inch
blesbuck.jpg