Bird Hunting Special

Bos en Dal SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reviews
4
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,689
Reaction score
2,371
Website
bosendal.co.za
Deals & offers
89
Media
616
Member of
PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
This is for the bird hunting enthusiast. The days will consist of waterfowl in the morning and evening and pigeons during the day.
The hunting area is in the free state province 2 hours drive from Or thambo

This is for 4 shooters with 3 days all inclusive.
Species that are available:
Egyptian Geese
Red and Yellow billed ducks
Spur winged goose
And pigeons

Total price is $4600 all inclusive.
To break it down it is $1150 per person for 4 nights and 3 shooting days.
Extra hunting days can be added at $250 per day for plainsgame hunting.

Price includes:
All meals and accommodation
3 days wing shooting
Ph
Pickers
Drinks

Excluded:
Rifle hire
Ammo at cost
Any other plains game or dangerous game taken
Tips to staff

20170209_181149.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gerrit, are these "pigeons" Dove's or pigeons?

The shooting done over decoys, fields, crops?

Current cost of 12 gauge ammo?
 
Brickburn it will be rock pigeons and doves. It is done over sunflower fields and the best time would be around May.
Shot gun ammo:
Fiocchi 28gram 7.5's run at about $90-$95 per 250
No 5's 32 grams at $115 per 250
 
This would be a great start to a safari. You get rid of your jet lag and have a chance for an inexpensive bit of fun. Great offer. I have had the itch to shoot a few Francolin while over in the past....... Bruce
 
If you've never shot rock pigeons in South Africa before, be forewarned! Use a 12ga and prepare yourself for incredible fast, tough birds. When they're coming into those sunflower fields, they have their afterburners lit. Most challenging bird shooting that I've ever experienced and I've shot a lot of pigeons, doves, snipe, geese, ducks and upland birds.

Enjoy.
 
@Upton O. Good , you 100% correct on rock pigeon, they can cut a person down to size quickly.
 
Especialy when they come into the fields. Then they are like rockets. After a days feeding the load is heavy and they fly low and slow!!!
 
The slightest wind and they can use it to dodge you like a bullet. Gerrit try the 29 gram 6, we find it works really good on the Rockies.
 
This is definitely another "on the list" item for Africa.

Talk about a fun way to begin or end a safari. I'd love to hear from someone who has done both SA and Argentina birds for a comparison. Really fast action and lots of it either place.
 
Everytime I am walking around the bush and jump a sand grouse or francolin I always say some day I am going to hunt them. And if you have ever heard the noisy Egyptian geese, you know you want to shoot them.

I love Bruce's idea of using this as a warm up hunt to get over the jet lag.

I hope someone does this hunt and will be kind enough to post the report here.
 
Beautiful dog sir.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,094
Members
169,697
Latest member
h19anet1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top