Binocular harness recommends?

I can highly recommend the Kuiu harness. Used one in Africa recently and it kept the dust and crap off the lenses of my Leica Geovid HD-B’s giving protection that a simple harness or next strap cannot offer. The PH thought it an outstanding piece of kit.

S4 Gear LockDownX harness is a good one I think.
Its Anti-Bounce Technology To Prevent Swinging And Bouncing is outstanding.

I can highly recommend the Kuiu harness. Used one in Africa recently and it kept the dust and crap off the lenses of my Leica Geovid HD-B’s giving protection that a simple harness or next strap cannot offer. The PH thought it an outstanding piece of kit.

I have used the Kuiu harness in 2016 on my first trip Africa and they worked great. A little bit cumbersome but great protection for my Leica 10x42 HD-B. On my recent trip to Mozambique I took that same setup plus a set Leica 10x32 ultravids and the Rick Young harness. Very handy and light setup, the PH used my 10x42 for most of the safari.

I tried a couple of chest harnesses and none of them worked for me. A wide camera strap, cross slung over the right shoulder so they hang off the left hip has worked best for me.

Good luck!

A nice leather or canvas strap with the binos slung so they hang on the left side if you are shooting right handed. This way they can be slided up to check with the left hand and then easily moved back down and to the left or even to a point almost behind your back and out of the way. If you cannot lift and control it with one hand it is probably too big to start with.

In this way the binos can be tucked nicely out of the way, if you need to run, you can just push down with your left hand and hold your rifle in the right. When you get close to whatever you are stalking just tuck it away.

Bra type suspender harnesses made from elastic material is a pain in the butt.

This pertains to hunting in thicker cover and in particular DG country.

Open or mountain country PG only you mkay use something else.

Keep it simple works best for me.

On horseback or in very rugged terrain, I use an Alaska Guide Creations chest pack, but for everything else, I love the Rick Young Outdoors ultra-light. I just put it over my right shoulder and let them hang under my left arm.

I find the harnesses too hot. The seem to clamp you shirt to your torso. I prefer to use the neck strap slung diagonally with the Bino’s hanging under my left arm.

On horseback or in very rugged terrain, I use an Alaska Guide Creations chest pack, but for everything else, I love the Rick Young Outdoors ultra-light. I just put it over my right shoulder and let them hang under my left arm.
I agree with YancyW on the point that it depends on the terrain.
Being bounced around on horseback on a mountain hunt is not the same as DG spot and stalk and may require a different set up.
The single strap below the non-shooting arm is very good and simple, but offers little protection for pricey glass in the thick cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross