Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia
i am in the middle of an experiment with using beef brisket instead of round steak. i am just now putting in the dryer, will get back and give an update of how it ended up. i just thought brisket has lots of fat and might make a superior piece of biltong. will see.

has anyone else used brisket for biltong?
I'm always available to provide you my address, so I can be your testing ground... wouldn't want you to have a belly ache in case the meat is not tender enough...

1dirthawker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
well,

the brisket experiment was a success. lots of fat and ended up as an excellent form of biltong! i will use brisket again!

been out snow machining with my uncle for the last week, finally got back and was able to give a report on the biltong that i took with me on the trip.

as Bill and Ted would of said "most excellent, dude!!"

Zambezi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Just two things to add to the sterling work done by you all...

1. Biltong pieces should not touch each other or the bottom or sides of the drying container as it promotes mouldy spots.

2. When cutting up your biltong ALWAYS cut several small thin pieces and some slightly bigger until you have your normal size pieces. That way the smaller ones are ready in 24-36 hours and you can start nibbling almost from day one! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KobyFische

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?