Big bores...just because?

Many, or all???? ;)

I tease about the wife actually. she is incredibly supportive of my hunting habit. something about me being in a better mood after a trip to the woods!

You are a lucky man.
My ex-wife didn't get this at all.
She is now out of my house, so I can do whatever I like with my money.
Sadly the divorce cost me many guns and hunts, but it was well worth it.

I've never seen a reason to hunt Africa unless for one of the Big 5 and saving the pennies isn't going to cut it. Maybe this site can heal my prejudice.

Welcome!

I love the BOOM! Got to shoot a .470 Nitro Express for the first time a few weeks ago and wow.... Loved it....

As far as not being able to afford a Safari goes my opinion is that if you if you can't "afford" it then you don't want to go bad enough. Save those pennies, plan, and find a way! Doesn't mean you can do a 21+ day Big 5 Safari every year, but you can go. :)

I've never seen a reason to hunt Africa unless for one of the Big 5 and saving the pennies isn't going to cut it. Maybe this site can heal my prejudice.

I think you are really cheating yourself of some of the best hunting on the planet if don't just go there for the plains game. I have alway thought the Big 5 is overpriced and over hyped compared to the plains game hunts.

I think you are really cheating yourself of some of the best hunting on the planet if don't just go there for the plains game. I have alway thought the Big 5 is overpriced and over hyped compared to the plains game hunts.

I've got to agree with this.... I haven't hunted Africa yet, but have been to The Matesti area in Zimbabwe. It was truly amazing. I've wanted to go back ever since.

Now zipper, if you just don't want to go I completely respect that. I just took it from your initial post that you did.

I do, I just never considered plains game. Why not just hunt whitetails? But gou guys have me rethinking.
I've got to agree with this.... I haven't hunted Africa yet, but have been to The Matesti area in Zimbabwe. It was truly amazing. I've wanted to go back ever since.

Now zipper, if you just don't want to go I completely respect that. I just took it from your initial post that you did.

I do, I just never considered plains game. Why not just hunt whitetails? But gou guys have me rethinking.

If you like whitetail hunting, try bushbuck, impala, kudu hunting in Africa. I think it 3x cheaper than hunting whitetails in the US, plus there are no limits...unless your pocket book is empty. I think you would become an addict after hunting them.

the plains game of Africa are not the white tails of the US. I cant think of any animal here in the states that can compare to the Sable or the Oryx (short of some game farms in Texas). there is also the experience of hunting Africa. I cant speak too much of this since I haven't been yet (my hunt is in 9/15) but im sure many here can tell you about it.

-matt

GREAT QUESTION!!!

I know others have answered, but I will tell you why I'm going.

Its AFRICA!!! The pinnacle of hunting in the world, in my opinion. Before the Superbowl got so crazy in price I got an opportunity to go and I went. I think I paid $300 for a ticket and could have gone to a college football game at the same time for around $50. Why did I go? It was the SUPERBOWL!!!! Never regretted going for a second...

The VARIETY!!!! To get to hunt all of those different animals, and in one place. They don't just look different, they act different, and they present different challenges. Whitetail, and I love to hunt them, are pretty much the same, in my experience. I don't just drink water either. I drink coke, milk, juice, club soda, etc.... Water is all I need to quench my thirst, but I like a change. Africa gives me that.

The TRACKERS. That's a lost art here in the U.S.. If there isn't snow on the ground, we can't track it. I want to see REAL bush skill like I can't see here.

TRADITION and ROMANCE. I've dreamed of Africa since I was a kid. Of going on a SAFARI, not just hunting, but a SAFARI. Heck, on my deer lease I don't even have electricity or running water!!! LOL

Oh yeah, and it is AFRICA. Did I mention that? ;)

I will be very surprised if Africa is not creeping under your skin and stays there if you book a PG hunt with a good outfitter.
Then you will feel the itch to go back, time after time :)

I have no idea what sort of budget you will be able to save up to, but there are some great value for money offers now and then from some of the outfitters that are members on this forum.
And you don't need to hunt the more expensive PGs to have a great hunt.

GREAT QUESTION!!!

I know others have answered, but I will tell you why I'm going.

Its AFRICA!!! The pinnacle of hunting in the world, in my opinion. Before the Superbowl got so crazy in price I got an opportunity to go and I went. I think I paid $300 for a ticket and could have gone to a college football game at the same time for around $50. Why did I go? It was the SUPERBOWL!!!! Never regretted going for a second...

The VARIETY!!!! To get to hunt all of those different animals, and in one place. They don't just look different, they act different, and they present different challenges. Whitetail, and I love to hunt them, are pretty much the same, in my experience. I don't just drink water either. I drink coke, milk, juice, club soda, etc.... Water is all I need to quench my thirst, but I like a change. Africa gives me that.

The TRACKERS. That's a lost art here in the U.S.. If there isn't snow on the ground, we can't track it. I want to see REAL bush skill like I can't see here.

TRADITION and ROMANCE. I've dreamed of Africa since I was a kid. Of going on a SAFARI, not just hunting, but a SAFARI. Heck, on my deer lease I don't even have electricity or running water!!! LOL

Oh yeah, and it is AFRICA. Did I mention that? ;)

Says it all! So you may only be able to afford a PG hunt and not DG, I wouldn't let this stop you from going even it's only once. The hunting shows from Africa as well as hunters have in my opinion kind of given PG hunting something of a lesser reputation, I think this a bad thing.

While one isn't likely to be charged by an impala or blesbok, I still find a good hunt for these less costly species to be just as fun as a Kudu or Eland. Would it be the same as squaring off with a bull ele at 10 yards? No it wouldn't, but still great fun and for a much lesser cost.

I think everyone understands! I believe that is the best post about Africa I have every read!

Why??..... because. Its AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What other reason is needed??

Why??..... because. Its AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What other reason is needed??

Sigh.... Why can't it be August 14th, now???? I wanna go to Africa....

I know Royal27, the waiting time takes forever...
But the really bad thing is that the moment you board the flight home, you only think about how long time it will take till you can go again :)

But the really bad thing is that the moment you board the flight home, you only think about how long time it will take till you can go again :)

The flight home is not fun, it takes a long time to get over hunting in Africa.

The flight home is not fun, it takes a long time to get over hunting in Africa.

Ahh, but isn't the flight home time that can be dedicated to planning the next trip? Without coming home we cannot go again! Even the PH leaves the field once in a while! :)

Zipper, I don't know if we've talked you into going yet, but I'm driving myself crazy!!!! LOL

Ahh, but isn't the flight home time that can be dedicated to planning the next trip? Without coming home we cannot go again! Even the PH leaves the field once in a while! :)

Zipper, I don't know if we've talked you into going yet, but I'm driving myself crazy!!!! LOL

During my first hunting trip in Africa, I already started to think about when and where I would go on my next African hunt.
Also during my last days of hunting last year, I was starting to make plans to go back for my next hunt in Africa.

I am a total huntaholic and probably need professional help. I think about hunting 365 days a year.

Royal27, life for you will never be the same again.

I find most hunting in the USA a waste of time and money compared to Africa. There is real funny post on here about how think of a million ways to save money and go back. When your a true addict, like some of us it's even worse. I have money to go back now, but I know it's not the right time, and that hurts everyday.

Royal27, life for you will never be the same again.

I find most hunting in the USA a waste of time and money compared to Africa. There is real funny post on here about how think of a million ways to save money and go back. When your a true addict, like some of us it's even worse. I have money to go back now, but I know it's not the right time, and that hurts everyday.

Does beginning to plan the second trip before the first one is here count? If so, I'm in the right place!!! LOL

To go to Africa and hunt has been a life long dream of mine that I gave up on for twenty years.... I won't go into the why here, but let's just say that I'm glad I've made changes in my life that have allowed me to get back to what I have always loved! :)

Does beginning to plan the second trip before the first one is here count? If so, I'm in the right place!!! LOL

To go to Africa and hunt has been a life long dream of mine that I gave up on for twenty years.... I won't go into the why here, but let's just say that I'm glad I've made changes in my life that have allowed me to get back to what I have always loved! :)

You are an addict already and it will gets worse. When you plan back to back hunts, without going home is when there is no hope for you (lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross