Best sunglasses for hunting

I have a pair of polarized, prescription sunglasses that replicate my regular eyeglasses prescription, including progressive bifocals. They are the same frames as well.

My preference also. I have a pair with the auto darkening lenses that work pretty well also.

Like just about everything else, everyone has their own preferences. I find these to be the most suitable for me. They are high quality, preform admirably, and are wonderfully versatile. They from business to bush effortlessly. Cheers
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG

As much as I love wearing sunglasses, they don't quite work for me hunting and with Binoculars. It became very much an on again, off again nuisance.

A good hat is the best starting point that I've found. Good luck.

If you are into products that stand behind their warranties, Costa Del Mar is by far the best. I had a pair of aviators of theirs that had taken a hell of a beating, because I'm notoriously hard on sunglasses, and they replaced them with a brand new pair for $70 because I had damaged the lenses, which is about a 1/3 of what a new pair costs. My husband's Costa's had the rubber peeling from the frame after 2 years of hard wear and exposure to heat (on the dash of his truck), and they sent him a new pair for $9 the cost of shipping. We are friends with several fishing guides in the FL Keys and they all swear by Costa, their glass, and their warranty.

Reactions: 008
I have a pair of Wiley-X, polarized and safety glass. Got them for on the motorcycle, but I wear them most everywhere. They used to have a video on their site shooting a pair of glasses with a shotgun at close range.

I also don't usually wear them on hunts though...don't like shooting with glasses on.

I've been a Costa fan for many years, and would never even consider another brand. Being a part time fishing guide, having a quality pair of polarize shades is a must. I never do anything outside in the daylight without them, hell I even wear them driving in light rain because they cut the glare so well.

If you go Costa don't fool around with the plastic lenses, they scratch too easily, get the glass, 400G or 580G. If you look on eBay you can find new pairs for significantly less than MSRP. I'm a fan of the green mirror lens, amber shade with incredible glare cutting.

Any recommendations on brand, style, etc. Thanks

Buy a pair of Rayban aviators with cable temples so they don't fall off while hunting. Push out the lenses. Online you can find polarized amber lenses for Rayban aviators easily. Use those.

Sunglasses are really harmful to one's success. You cannot see very well. Your field is too dark. You probably still don't have polarized lenses.

On the other hand, amber is the lightest color polarized lens color you can get. I wear mine from dawn to dusk and find they are useful until the end of legal hunting hours, something no shaded sunglasses can do. If your eyes still hurt because things are too bright, wear a hat.

Man is a feeble, weak predator. Our eyes, our judgment, and our reason are what make us the apex predator in direct contravention to all normally powerful predatory traits. Thus, make sure your eyes are at optimal function for the role they play with binocular vision and high fidelity interpretation of patterns and shades. Do not let glasses greatly diminish the fidelity that allows you to hunt effectively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg