Best Grade Heym 470NE Double Rifle Package

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Offering up for sale my beloved Heym 470NE Best Grade Double Rifle.

The gun features 24" barrels, perfectly timed ejectors, a 15" Length of Pull, and weighs exactly 11 pounds scoped. (9lbs, 10 ounces without optic)

The engraving motif has a cape buffalo on the left, rhino on the right, lion on the belly of the action, and it has an elephant as the top lever. The barrels are banded in 24 carat gold and the loaded chamber indicators are also gold. The master engraver, Andreas Scholz did the work, one of two Heym double rifles I'm aware of in which he was the artist. His other known work is on $100,000-$200,000 Krieghoffs and Blasers made for the European market.

The illuminated 1.25-4x Schmidt & Bender optic has a German #4 reticle and an integrated rail mount. The factory installed German claw mounts are EAW and lock and and return to zero flawlessly.

The gun includes at least 14 boxes of custom ammo loaded and regulated by Ken Owen. They include a variety of Woodleigh Solids, Swift A-Frames, and others. The regulation targets from Ken demonstrate exceptional regulation with 4831 and 3031 powders. Due to the significantly lower recoil at sufficient velocity with IMR3031, the loaded ammunition all uses that powder at approximately 2150fps and 58lbs of felt recoil. The gun is an absolute joy to shoot and is a very mild recoiling rifle due to the excellent stock geometry.

In addition to the regulating loads, Ken also adjusted the triggers to perfection. Dan Morgan, a master gunsmith removed the tacky gloss finish on the stock and applied a London non-glare proper finish. The London Orange recoil pad is a soft New England Custom Guns model to further ease recoil.

The gun has been lovingly cared for and has absolutely minimal wear as shown in the photos. It has taken big-5 multiple times in Africa and its a wholly reliable, exceptional quality, one of a kind Heym.

As you may be aware, Heym has put a moratorium on custom order rifles and it would take many years wait and easily $50,000 to reproduce this rifle today. It included every conceivable option and upgrade in its construction. I believe the elephant top lever alone costs approximately $2400 as an option, plus the exhibition quality wood, the exceptional chisel cut engraving by Scholz, and all the other bells and whistles.

No heym of this quality has been offered on this forum before and to my knowledge, no heym of this level of features and finish has been advertised in the USA in the past decade. It has the very best pedigree and service records you could ask for in a modern best grade double rifle, further refining the quality beyond what Heym offered new from the factory.

$38,500 plus shipping & insurance in the continental 48 States. If you'd like to see it in person, I can pick you up at the Minneapolis or Eau Claire airport so you can personally inspect the rifle.

IMG_7107.JPG

IMG_7108.JPG

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_7110.JPG

IMG_7106.JPG

IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7104.JPG
IMG_7103.JPG
IMG_7102.JPG

IMG_7101.JPG
IMG_7100.JPG
IMG_7099.JPG

IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7097.JPG
IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG
IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG
IMG_7116.JPG
IMG_7117.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG

A lovely piece of art @rookhawk Good luck with the sale, whoever will get this will be setup for life for dangerous game.

The gun features 24" barrels, perfectly timed ejectors, a 15" Length of Pull, and weighs exactly 11 pounds scoped. (9lbs, 10 ounces without optic)

The engraving motif has a cape buffalo on the left, rhino on the right, lion on the belly of the action, and it has an elephant as the top lever. The barrels are banded in 24 carat gold and the loaded chamber indicators are also gold. The master engraver, Andreas Scholz did the work, one of two Heym double rifles I'm aware of in which he was the artist. His other known work is on $100,000-$200,000 Krieghoffs and Blasers made for the European market.

The illuminated 1.25-4x Schmidt & Bender optic has a German #4 reticle and an integrated rail mount. The factory installed German claw mounts are EAW and lock and and return to zero flawlessly.

The gun includes at least 14 boxes of custom ammo loaded and regulated by Ken Owen. They include a variety of Woodleigh Solids, Swift A-Frames, and others. The regulation targets from Ken demonstrate exceptional regulation with 4831 and 3031 powders. Due to the significantly lower recoil at sufficient velocity with IMR3031, the loaded ammunition all uses that powder at approximately 2150fps and 58lbs of felt recoil. The gun is an absolute joy to shoot and is a very mild recoiling rifle due to the excellent stock geometry.

In addition to the regulating loads, Ken also adjusted the triggers to perfection. Dan Morgan, a master gunsmith removed the tacky gloss finish on the stock and applied a London non-glare proper finish. The London Orange recoil pad is a soft New England Custom Guns model to further ease recoil.

The gun has been lovingly cared for and has absolutely minimal wear as shown in the photos. It has taken big-5 multiple times in Africa and its a wholly reliable, exceptional quality, one of a kind Heym.

As you may be aware, Heym has put a moratorium on custom order rifles and it would take many years wait and easily $50,000 to reproduce this rifle today. It included every conceivable option and upgrade in its construction. I believe the elephant top lever alone costs approximately $2400 as an option, plus the exhibition quality wood, the exceptional chisel cut engraving by Scholz, and all the other bells and whistles.

No heym of this quality has been offered on this forum before and to my knowledge, no heym of this level of features and finish has been advertised in the USA in the past decade. It has the very best pedigree and service records you could ask for in a modern best grade double rifle, further refining the quality beyond what Heym offered new from the factory.

$38,500 plus shipping & insurance in the continental 48 States. If you'd like to see it in person, I can pick you up at the Minneapolis or Eau Claire airport so you can personally inspect the rifle.

View attachment 528345

View attachment 528346
View attachment 528347
View attachment 528348
View attachment 528349
View attachment 528350View attachment 528351View attachment 528352View attachment 528353
View attachment 528354View attachment 528355View attachment 528356
View attachment 528357View attachment 528358View attachment 528359
View attachment 528360View attachment 528361
View attachment 528362View attachment 528363View attachment 528364View attachment 528365
WOW! In my mind and experience this is without question the very best double rifle offered for sale on our site by one of our most trusted and greatly admired members! Beautiful gun!!!

Rookhawk,

Spectacular rifle and artesian provenance. I hope you are sure, one could not replace that rifle for anywhere near the original price today. GLWS

JP

OMG!

It there is such a thing as a Trophy Gun (like trophy wife without continual payments...), this is it!
And it's a Heym!

Beautiful rifle, too bad I’m not interested in a 2nd Mortgage

View attachment 528345

View attachment 528346
View attachment 528347
View attachment 528348
View attachment 528349
View attachment 528350View attachment 528351View attachment 528352View attachment 528353
View attachment 528354View attachment 528355View attachment 528356
View attachment 528357View attachment 528358View attachment 528359
View attachment 528360View attachment 528361
View attachment 528362View attachment 528363View attachment 528364View attachment 528365
Simply stunning rifle!

I tried to estimate replacement cost, using the data from pre-covid Heym German pricelists dating back to 2020. There are many features on this rifle I cannot find on the pricelist whatsoever, but this is my best attempt:

Randpatronen: .450/.400 N.E.; .450 N.E. 31/4“; .470 N.E. .500/.416 N.E.; .500 N.E. 3“ 20.720 €

Express sight (One fixed blade and three folding blades) 660 €

Class 8 semi root Gross: 3.100 €

Extended Length of Pull 150 €

Sling swivel base for detachable sling swivel 390 €

Semi beaver tail front end 440 €

Very fine checkering 0,8 mm on front end and butt stock 450 €

Engraving grade 3 4.760 €

Z024 Long steel trigger guard up to the steel pistol grip cap 878 €

ZGE-LB003 Eine feine und eine starke Goldlinie an der Laufwurzel 890 €

ZG012A * A piece of African game €1,725

ZSEM001S Suhl hook mount for scope with rail €1,630

Then the items that are not listed would include:

$2800 in custom ammunition, plus regulation by Ken Owen

$450 for trigger work so the they are regulated perfectly at 4.5lbs and 5.5lbs respectively

$3000 for the Schmidt and Bender Illuminated optic

$700 for the EAW claw "rings"

$150 for the NECG fitted orange pad

$1000 for a london oil and slacum finish

$10,000 estimated upcharge above grade 3 engraving for Andreas Scholz's work. (and I may be way, way low on this number.

The total for all of the above, converted from euros to dollars, puts the cost roughly at $57,472.30

That's the price in Germany from an outdated pricelist. Adding in the 11% Pittman Robertson tax, plus an assumed 10% price increase for importation and sale through Heym USA (merely an estimate) that would put the rifle's replacement cost in excess of
$69,541.48. Yet more costs unknown for the sideplate and the additional stocking costs to accomodate them.

And of course they are not taking orders at present.

I tried to estimate replacement cost, using the data from pre-covid Heym German pricelists dating back to 2020. There are many features on this rifle I cannot find on the pricelist whatsoever, but this is my best attempt:

Randpatronen: .450/.400 N.E.; .450 N.E. 31/4“; .470 N.E. .500/.416 N.E.; .500 N.E. 3“ 20.720 €

Express sight (One fixed blade and three folding blades) 660 €

Class 8 semi root Gross: 3.100 €

Extended Length of Pull 150 €

Sling swivel base for detachable sling swivel 390 €

Semi beaver tail front end 440 €

Very fine checkering 0,8 mm on front end and butt stock 450 €

Engraving grade 3 4.760 €

Z024 Long steel trigger guard up to the steel pistol grip cap 878 €

ZGE-LB003 Eine feine und eine starke Goldlinie an der Laufwurzel 890 €

ZG012A * A piece of African game €1,725

ZSEM001S Suhl hook mount for scope with rail €1,630

Then the items that are not listed would include:

$2800 in custom ammunition, plus regulation by Ken Owen

$450 for trigger work so the they are regulated perfectly at 4.5lbs and 5.5lbs respectively

$3000 for the Schmidt and Bender Illuminated optic

$700 for the EAW claw "rings"

$150 for the NECG fitted orange pad

$1000 for a london oil and slacum finish

$10,000 estimated upcharge above grade 3 engraving for Andreas Scholz's work. (and I may be way, way low on this number.

The total for all of the above, converted from euros to dollars, puts the cost roughly at $57,472.30

That's the price in Germany from an outdated pricelist. Adding in the 11% Pittman Robertson tax, plus an assumed 10% price increase for importation and sale through Heym USA (merely an estimate) that would put the rifle's replacement cost in excess of
$69,541.48. Yet more costs unknown for the sideplate and the additional stocking costs to accomodate them.

And of course they are not taking orders at present.
Wow, when you were advising me and I was looking for a DR a couple years ago, you told me you were thinking about selling it before you moved out of IL but when you didn’t, I figured you were keeping it. Good luck with the sale!

Wow, when you were advising me and I was looking for a DR a couple years ago, you told me you were thinking about selling it before you moved out of IL but when you didn’t, I figured you were keeping it. Good luck with the sale!

I absolutely love the gun, and if I kept it I would surely use it many more times. I recently moved to a miniature version of a hunting lodge and I have a lot of property improvement plans to make it a trout and game mecca. As such, I don't have a safari in the plans for this year, probably not next year either.

It seems like my safaris as of late are focused on being an unpaid limo driver for my kids and I can always bum their rifles or use any of my magazine rifles for DG to hold me over for a while.

It's a pretty fantastic rifle and its about half the cost of having one like it made today. I just don't desperately need it over the next 24 months.

It was a pleasure to see in person last month. Truly a work of art and photos do not give it justice. Good luck!

WOW!!! That is one fine rifle! Unfortunately, yesterday’s lottery ticket didn’t have the winning numbers.

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to drool enough during my lifetime to make justice for this rifle

Wow, amazing, a masterpiece. That double deserves to be taken to Africa. Good luck with the sale. (y)

INCREDIBLE!!

Since you are not going to use it the decision to sell is justified, tough but justified. The next owner will hopefully get it out to Africa in short order and take some DG with it. Good luck with the sale, this rifle will never lose it's value.

Wow. That is a damn fine rifle sir.

That is a very fine double in every sense. Understand why you are putting it on the market. Who ever buys it will have a fantastic DG rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you