Bad photo, but a good bull...

BenKK, you seem to be able to take a lot of buffalo. I'm not asking for myself because I'm not physically able to walk more than about 200 yards, but would you consider "guiding" or at least accompanying AH members on a Buffalo hunt?

No, due to time, family and other constraints and protocols it isn’t possible, unfortunately. But I can recommend several or more professional outfits.

G’day lads, it’s built on a 1938 Oberndorf Mauser 98, by Tony Small of Nickal Gunsmithing (since retired). It has QD mounts and perfect iron sights. Mostly it wears a little Swarovski scope, about a three-to-nine-by-something. It retains the trigger it came with and has a fixed floor plate - cheap and like my old Rigby .275 (that I no longer own). It also has the military flag safety. I’ve used Woodleigh 220 grain softs and solids, 180 grain Hydros and Barnes TSX, all to terrific effect - and the standard 180 grain Woodleigh PPSNs (which aren’t great for buffalo but devastating on other game).

Nice bull and very nice pic, well done.

G’day lads, it’s built on a 1938 Oberndorf Mauser 98, by Tony Small of Nickal Gunsmithing (since retired). It has QD mounts and perfect iron sights. Mostly it wears a little Swarovski scope, about a three-to-nine-by-something. It retains the trigger it came with and has a fixed floor plate - cheap and like my old Rigby .275 (that I no longer own). It also has the military flag safety. I’ve used Woodleigh 220 grain softs and solids, 180 grain Hydros and Barnes TSX, all to terrific effect - and the standard 180 grain Woodleigh PPSNs (which aren’t great for buffalo but devastating on other game).
Side note from this, are you comfortable hunting these smaller cals without backup? I'm just thinking in the instance of a charge.

.375H&H minimum, but I remember even that made me nervous. So .416 Rigby and .458WM have served me well for thick bush on the smaller end of things, but it’s equally about an alert and ready mindset - a round chambered with bolt up (and hand tucked around it for safety and readiness) or safety on, always expecting an aggressive animal to emerge at your feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!