B. Searcy 500/416 NE

I'm in for either option.

ok, ill try $50 a ticket. i wont have a limit per person so people can buy multiple tickets.

how much time should i give the raffle? i leave for Namibia on the 20th of next month so it either needs to end before that or start after that.

-matt

Would wait till you get back from trip to start!

Would wait till you get back from trip to start!

Good idea. Probably sell more tickets and has less potential for schedule conflicts and delivery/shipping problems.

I think Im going to wait until after my trip later this month. getting the raffle just right is proving a little tricky and I leave for Namibia in two weeks.

the moderators want to make sure that no one can sue me or the forum (sad that we need to worry about that) so I need to word it in a certain way and have lots of legal jargon in there.

-matt

I'm in for $20 Matt, and I would never remotely consider doing business with Searcy after this matter.

Sorry, lost track of the progress/changes. I'm interested in the raffle, too, not so much to win (yeah, who wouldn't want it), but more so to help Matt out of a pinch.

Thank you sir! I have no luck regarding raffles, but like you, am interested in helping out Matt.

I think Im going to wait until after my trip later this month. getting the raffle just right is proving a little tricky and I leave for Namibia in two weeks.

the moderators want to make sure that no one can sue me or the forum (sad that we need to worry about that) so I need to word it in a certain way and have lots of legal jargon in there.

-matt

Have a safe hunt, and I am quite sure we will get this sorted when you are back. Have fun! Post pictures!

Keeping an eye out for this- even with money being tight right now, it's worth a chance at a rifle I would NEVER otherwise own!

Like I said earlier, I'm game. Put me down for 2 tickets. I'm glad this will be able to help you out....and like others have said it would be a neat rifle to own.

Have a good hunt, and definitely post some pics on your return. Good luck!

What are you hunting this trip Matt?

:A Big Hello:I'm leaving for Alaska on the 15th of this month and returning the 31st. I'll have to keep an eye out because I want two tickets as well.

What are you hunting this trip Matt?

PG and Hyena.

thanks all, I will post here when I get the raffle going. it will not likely start till September so those of you hunting this month don't need to worry about missing it.

-matt

Last edited:
Good luck on the hunt Matt! Hyena is fun!!!

Taking your dad with?

And yea put me down for a ticket;)

so I told Searcy about the raffle and here is his response:

Matt
I'm not going to be involved in your raffle. I will send the rifle to you as soon as I receive shipping expense.
Butch

such a friendly guy (heavy sarcasm)... at any rate this means I will be able to take some pictures for raffle (no idea what he wants for shipping yet though).

-matt

so I told Searcy about the raffle and here is his response:

such a friendly guy (heavy sarcasm)... at any rate this means I will be able to take some pictures for raffle (no idea what he wants for shipping yet though).

-matt

If he is sending it do you still need to raffle it off? Sounds like you are getting your rifle back.

If he is sending it do you still need to raffle it off? Sounds like you are getting your rifle back.

im betting he hasnt changed his mind about wanting the money. the raffle idea was to help pay the repair bill and help me get rid of the rifle, both of those issues still exist if he sends it back to me. the repairs and shipping are still $1000 (he asked for $150 for return shipping).

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg