Appreciation

SAVE YOURSELF!!! Log off this website and never come back!!! It won't be long before your family starts saying "we don't even know who you are anymore"....

Seriously welcome! You have found the greatest site on African hunting. Period. All great people here and ask any and all questions you may have. This is a really nice community!
I already see myself evolving!
Thank you for the kind words and I have been enjoying learning with all the knowledge on this forum.

If you find yourself stirring your coffee with a 416 Rigby round, you have gone past the point of no return!
HAHAHAH if I stay on this forum for just a little longer I can see that happening

HAHAHAH if I stay on this forum for just a little longer I can see that happening
Oh, boy! We got ourselves another one. Welcome aboard, Charlie. Looking forward to your tales.

Hey guys,

My name is Charlie, I have been a waterfowl and upland bird hunter and just got into big game in the last couple years. But it has always been a dream of mine to go to Africa one day and our plans are for 2025. So I started doing more research and found this forum. The guys in this forum have so much knowledge and I have learned so much in a short period of time! It’s a lot to take in all at once but I want you all reading this to know how appreciative people like I am are of you guys and what y’all bring to this site. The reports are so fun to read and seeing the success brings great joy. I hope to learn a lot more and would love to one day post a good report for you guys.

Thank y’all for having me!
The first 2 times I went to Africa I went to South Africa. All the areas I hunted were high fenced. Not very sporting or challenging. Right before the pandemic I went to Africa again. This time I went to Namiba. A hundred times better than South Africa. I would never again go to South Africa again with the exception of East Africa.

The first 2 times I went to Africa I went to South Africa. All the areas I hunted were high fenced. Not very sporting or challenging. Right before the pandemic I went to Africa again. This time I went to Namiba. A hundred times better than South Africa. I would never again go to South Africa again with the exception of East Africa.
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely keep that in mind

I've been to South Africa twice and hunted with two different outfitters and except for the gates that we went through I never saw a high fence.

If you are seeing these fences you are hunting too small of a property. That along with the animals being just as wild as you can get. Neither hunt was what one would call a turkeyshoot both hunts were spot and stalk.

Hey guys,

My name is Charlie, I have been a waterfowl and upland bird hunter and just got into big game in the last couple years. But it has always been a dream of mine to go to Africa one day and our plans are for 2025. So I started doing more research and found this forum. The guys in this forum have so much knowledge and I have learned so much in a short period of time! It’s a lot to take in all at once but I want you all reading this to know how appreciative people like I am are of you guys and what y’all bring to this site. The reports are so fun to read and seeing the success brings great joy. I hope to learn a lot more and would love to one day post a good report for you guys.

Thank y’all for having me!
Welcome aboard! If you find yourself looking to hunt free range concession areas as in the old African traditions of Hemingway, Roosevelt, Ruark and Capstick, let me know if I can help. There are still free range areas available in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Botswana, Uganda and parts of Namibia. Of course, there’s also forest (jungle) hunting for bongo, sitatunga, dwarf forest buffalo, etc… in Cameroon, Congo and CAR but those aren’t usually recommended for a first trip.

Good luck to you!

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Good day Charlie, welcome to AH. You still have some time on hand to do your planning. I would like to suggest that you pop in at our booths during the 2023 conventions at DSC or SCI. looking forward to meet you. Best of luck with your planning.

Good day Charlie, welcome to AH. You still have some time on hand to do your planning. I would like to suggest that you pop in at our booths during the 2023 conventions at DSC or SCI. looking forward to meet you. Best of luck with your planning.
Thank you! I know I won’t be able to make the Dallas show due to work but I’m trying to see if I could possibly make it to SCI. If I do I will be on the lookout for you and will stay in touch if I can make it

Welcome! As you stated there are bunch of great people on this site with tons of experience.
Glad you are here

Welcome and look forward to your participation! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! Please have a look at www.leopardlegend.com for your Namibian hunt.
We will also be at SCI and DSC.
L'wyk Jansen van Vuuren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you