Appreciation

Cbourg

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hey guys,

My name is Charlie, I have been a waterfowl and upland bird hunter and just got into big game in the last couple years. But it has always been a dream of mine to go to Africa one day and our plans are for 2025. So I started doing more research and found this forum. The guys in this forum have so much knowledge and I have learned so much in a short period of time! It’s a lot to take in all at once but I want you all reading this to know how appreciative people like I am are of you guys and what y’all bring to this site. The reports are so fun to read and seeing the success brings great joy. I hope to learn a lot more and would love to one day post a good report for you guys.

Thank y’all for having me!

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa, like you said lots of very knowledgeable people here along with great sponsors/outfitters. Good luck on your journey and I will be watching for your hunt report.

Welcome aboard Cbourg. Having guys like you join our ranks is sort of "icing on the cake." We strive to share our knowledge and experiences so that others can enjoy their hunting experiences more fully. I'll warn you ahead of time that your thoughts of hunting Africa in 2025 are likely to be updated to something sooner than that. LOL

:S Welcome:

welcome @Cbourg !

whereabouts in AR are you? We've got a couple of active members in that state, and I pass through routinely (between TX and TN).. and have recently started considering NW or SW AR as potential retirement locations..

Hey guys,

My name is Charlie, I have been a waterfowl and upland bird hunter and just got into big game in the last couple years. But it has always been a dream of mine to go to Africa one day and our plans are for 2025. So I started doing more research and found this forum. The guys in this forum have so much knowledge and I have learned so much in a short period of time! It’s a lot to take in all at once but I want you all reading this to know how appreciative people like I am are of you guys and what y’all bring to this site. The reports are so fun to read and seeing the success brings great joy. I hope to learn a lot more and would love to one day post a good report for you guys.

Welcome to AH! Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have I. Planning for your first safari. Don’t let the planning overwhelm you, it should be part of the fun.

Welcome! Don’t plan too far out as those plans seemed to get pushed back. Drive down too the Dallas or Houston Safari shows. The Houston show is smaller but has a lot of African exhibitors.

Hey guys,

And I am starting into upland hunting. Please post about your bird hunting adventures. Boroand raised in TX but I now live in NW Arkansas because my grandkids do.

Welcome aboard Cbourg. Having guys like you join our ranks is sort of "icing on the cake." We strive to share our knowledge and experiences so that others can enjoy their hunting experiences more fully. I'll warn you ahead of time that your thoughts of hunting Africa in 2025 are likely to be updated to something sooner than that. LOL
Haha I will say the worst part about this forum is the torture of reading such great reports knowing it will be a good while before I can write mine!!

welcome @Cbourg !

whereabouts in AR are you? We've got a couple of active members in that state, and I pass through routinely (between TX and TN).. and have recently started considering NW or SW AR as potential retirement locations..
I’m am located in Carlisle, just about 30 minutes west of Little Rock! Hot springs and Belle Vista are great places and that’s where a lot of retirees seem to settle. Especially if you like golfing, which I do lol

Welcome to AH! Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have I. Planning for your first safari. Don’t let the planning overwhelm you, it should be part of the fun.
I plan on having many discussions with you all because of the great first hand experience everyone has. Trying to soak it all in and make decisions on the right outfitter can seem very overwhelming for sure for this first time planner!

Welcome! Don’t plan too far out as those plans seemed to get pushed back. Drive down too the Dallas or Houston Safari shows. The Houston show is smaller but has a lot of African exhibitors.
I would love to make the Dallas show! The only problem is it is in January and unfortunately that is the most busy time of the year for me since I work in the waterfowl industry and we are full bore till the end of February. When is the Houston show?

Welkom! It seems your hunt has already started. The planning and dreaming is half of the fun. Enjoy!

And I am starting into upland hunting. Please post about your bird hunting adventures. Boroand raised in TX but I now live in NW Arkansas because my grandkids do.
Northwest Arkansas is some beautiful territory! But I do love Texas lol my wife and I were thinking about Texas being our next home state, but Arkansas will be home for the next couple years. I will definitely post a couple hunting reports this fall as I have great goose hunts every year!

Welcome!

Hi Chatlie, welcome to AH. 2025 will come soon. Go well, Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!