Another Sporting Shotgun

Tanks

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
7,354
Reaction score
27,427
Media
128
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I felt like I needed a backup as I had sent my other sporting shotgun to factory to fix a couple of things that were damaged during shipment. Ceaser Guerini has engraving that I like on their Invictus III line, but I really like case coloring on the background instead of silver color. They warranty them for a million rounds so I guess my granddaughter might use it in the future as well (she is a lefty).

Lo and behold, they had announced a Limited edition just with that feature. My dealer had ordered 3 of them one left handed back in February. I put a deposit on the lefty one to be delivered in a few months. After that I will take it to Wenig in Lincoln, MO for him to build a pattern and make a custom stock for me during which time I will also pick the wood (most likely English or Turkish Walnut).

@Red Leg I might need those gun room plans soon I think.

Here are the pics of what will be coming:

bD22wmxl.jpg
BZpPd4rl.jpg
P5cd7Nwl.jpg
UBhzh6Ul.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tanks if that is your backup shotgun, what does you primary shotgun look like ? That is a beautiful shotgun.
 
Oh, This will be the primary when it is all finished. The Guerini Summit Sporting is nice, but not as nice as this.
 
Beautiful O/U.
 
I felt like I needed a backup as I had sent my other sporting shotgun to factory to fix a couple of things that were damaged during shipment. Ceaser Guerini has engraving that I like on their Invictus III line, but I really like case coloring on the background instead of silver color. They warranty them for a million rounds so I guess my granddaughter might use it in the future as well (she is a lefty).

Lo and behold, they had announced a Limited edition just with that feature. My dealer had ordered 3 of them one left handed back in February. I put a deposit on the lefty one to be delivered in a few months. After that I will take it to Wenig in Lincoln, MO for him to build a pattern and make a custom stock for me during which time I will also pick the wood (most likely English or Turkish Walnut).

@Red Leg I might need those gun room plans soon I think.

Here are the pics of what will be coming:

View attachment 367796View attachment 367798View attachment 367799View attachment 367800


Daaamn! That's One very beautiful gun!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is a beautiful 12 bore over under . What are the chokes on it ? Did you have the option to get one with 3 inch chambers ?
 
Nice! That is a pretty slick stick of walnut on it already. The right guy can shape, bend, and trim it to fit almost any need.

And yes, a gun room solves a lot of challenges.
 
It is a beautiful 12 bore over under . What are the chokes on it ? Did you have the option to get one with 3 inch chambers ?

It comes with six Maxis choke tubes: Cylinder (.733 inch), Skeet (.728 inch), two Improved Cylinder (.723 inch), Light Modified (.718 inch) and Modified (.713 inch). I have a pair of Improved Modified (.710 inch) chokes I use for practice that will work on this firearm as well.

No, it is for sporting use so no 3" option.
 
I felt like I needed a backup as I had sent my other sporting shotgun to factory to fix a couple of things that were damaged during shipment. Ceaser Guerini has engraving that I like on their Invictus III line, but I really like case coloring on the background instead of silver color. They warranty them for a million rounds so I guess my granddaughter might use it in the future as well (she is a lefty).

Lo and behold, they had announced a Limited edition just with that feature. My dealer had ordered 3 of them one left handed back in February. I put a deposit on the lefty one to be delivered in a few months. After that I will take it to Wenig in Lincoln, MO for him to build a pattern and make a custom stock for me during which time I will also pick the wood (most likely English or Turkish Walnut).

@Red Leg I might need those gun room plans soon I think.

Here are the pics of what will be coming:

View attachment 367796View attachment 367798View attachment 367799View attachment 367800
Stunning!
 
Oh, This will be the primary when it is all finished. The Guerini Summit Sporting is nice, but not as nice as this.
I just picked up the Summit sporting limited. My back up to my guerini magnus limited.

15C5702E-ABA9-452D-B464-3DC8372F1A0D.jpeg
7A01B2FF-2261-4DB7-8A29-C290F29B3A0A.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,171
Members
170,527
Latest member
JodiTfd090
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top