And now for something completely different...

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
6,685
Reaction score
25,358
Location
Harare Zimbabwe
Media
111
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
After the past two weeks of gluttony I fancied a light snack and wandered into the kitchen, where I found a simple avocardo. Graced with a little salt and pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce, well it was delicious, creamy and earthy and a little tang.
So, what do you fancy if there is to be no meat involved, sans carne? No I haven't gone mad, or vegan, just broadening the horizons and winning a few noddy points from the wife who swears by rabbit food.
 
After the past two weeks of gluttony I fancied a light snack and wandered into the kitchen, where I found a simple avocardo. Graced with a little salt and pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce, well it was delicious, creamy and earthy and a little tang.
So, what do you fancy if there is to be no meat involved, sans carne? No I haven't gone mad, or vegan, just broadening the horizons and winning a few noddy points from the wife who swears by rabbit food.
Hardboiled egg with butter salt and a few tortilla chips..
 
Avocado toast with a poached egg on top of it. Mash up the avocado with some garlic salt & lemon juice them spread on the toast, then top with poached egg. A great breakfast!
 
What is this lunacy??? Quick someone get to Harare & rescue this man with some biltong and scotch!

Jokes aside, I like the green stuff…I love roasted Brussels sprouts with an over easy egg. Also enjoy homemade ratatouille, or just sliced up heirloom tomatoes with salt.
 
eggplant parm. i'm eating the last of the season's eggplant for lunch right this very minute.

also on the eggplant front, baba ganoush (or however it's spelled, I'm not Greek, so no idea). you just need to be able to get your hands on a jar of tahini (sesame seed oil and paste)
 
Carrots, celery, red radishes, coliflower, maybe even some broccoli. A hard boiled egg goes good to. Salt on the radishes and egg, ranch dip with the rest. Mixed nuts too.

But the biggie, popcorn! Or rather a little popcorn on some butter;)
 
also, i highly recommend cream soups - tomato bisque, cream of butternut squash, cream of broccoli, cream of cauli, cream of asparagus, cream of pumpkin...

 
Red beans and rice seasoned and flavored with the two Cajun Holy Trinitie.
 
My wife made a 13 bean soup a couple days ago that redefined life s I know it, just a little pork fat. A also love butternut soup, lots of soups.

I'm a Southern California product of the Grapes of Wrath, grew up eating all vegetable dinners like stewed cabbage, Swiss chard, fried okra and green tomatoes.

I love meat, most kinds; but I have no issue skipping it from time to time.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,188
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top