And now for something completely different...

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
After the past two weeks of gluttony I fancied a light snack and wandered into the kitchen, where I found a simple avocardo. Graced with a little salt and pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce, well it was delicious, creamy and earthy and a little tang.
So, what do you fancy if there is to be no meat involved, sans carne? No I haven't gone mad, or vegan, just broadening the horizons and winning a few noddy points from the wife who swears by rabbit food.

After the past two weeks of gluttony I fancied a light snack and wandered into the kitchen, where I found a simple avocardo. Graced with a little salt and pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce, well it was delicious, creamy and earthy and a little tang.
So, what do you fancy if there is to be no meat involved, sans carne? No I haven't gone mad, or vegan, just broadening the horizons and winning a few noddy points from the wife who swears by rabbit food.
Hardboiled egg with butter salt and a few tortilla chips..

Avocado toast with a poached egg on top of it. Mash up the avocado with some garlic salt & lemon juice them spread on the toast, then top with poached egg. A great breakfast!

What is this lunacy??? Quick someone get to Harare & rescue this man with some biltong and scotch!

Jokes aside, I like the green stuff…I love roasted Brussels sprouts with an over easy egg. Also enjoy homemade ratatouille, or just sliced up heirloom tomatoes with salt.

eggplant parm. i'm eating the last of the season's eggplant for lunch right this very minute.

also on the eggplant front, baba ganoush (or however it's spelled, I'm not Greek, so no idea). you just need to be able to get your hands on a jar of tahini (sesame seed oil and paste)

Carrots, celery, red radishes, coliflower, maybe even some broccoli. A hard boiled egg goes good to. Salt on the radishes and egg, ranch dip with the rest. Mixed nuts too.

But the biggie, popcorn! Or rather a little popcorn on some butter;)

also, i highly recommend cream soups - tomato bisque, cream of butternut squash, cream of broccoli, cream of cauli, cream of asparagus, cream of pumpkin...

Red beans and rice seasoned and flavored with the two Cajun Holy Trinitie.

My wife made a 13 bean soup a couple days ago that redefined life s I know it, just a little pork fat. A also love butternut soup, lots of soups.

I'm a Southern California product of the Grapes of Wrath, grew up eating all vegetable dinners like stewed cabbage, Swiss chard, fried okra and green tomatoes.

I love meat, most kinds; but I have no issue skipping it from time to time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glassesandwindows

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.