AH MEMBER HUNT - HOST OUTFITTER?

Fellows, do you think Mike is laying the weeds waiting to get the women's group up there?
Well Bob....Mike IS the only outfitter with a brass pole for the ladies enjoyment!

Fair insight billc . Thx.

...........However we need input from the outfitters as to their capabilities. So for now are we only looking at RSA outfits?

I think the Outfitters will have to share what their proposals are without a doubt. They have to know their operations better than us.

I am great with all of these, but will there be a Namibian option? .........

No Namibian Outfitter has stepped up.
The one I know rather intimately removed himself from the race. (you won't change his mind either. Honest, I tried. )

bob to answer your questions
would love to throw our hat in the ring, but we dont have the capabilities to handle that many people , and in zambia where game ranching/private reserves is still in its infancy compared to sa etc i am not sure if there is anyone that could host it, especially at anywhere near the rates you will get in sa etc. zambia is expensive when buying commodities and travel distances can be big as there isnt the airport infrastructure with commercial flights as in sa, so compared to sa running costs are higher, and our daily rates are usually higher in comparison to sa etc due to this.
as for the fishing most is catch and release especially with the tigerfish and vundu. bream and cornish jack get eaten, but the kitchen staff sort them out :)

oh and it would be a bit expensive to transport the pole from jersey to zambia, but i like the you think wes;)

oh and it would be a bit expensive to transport the pole from jersey to zambia, but i like the you think wes;)

I'm thinking you could transport you fishing rods in a "brass case" on one of your trips! :A Banana:

I'm thinking you could transport you fishing rods in a "brass case" on one of your trips! :A Banana:

I see that you are putting your "Director of Fabrication" skills to good use! :A Worshipl:

Pole Dancing: How many days need to be added to accommodate this activity?

wayne not much point for you as you dont have to climb the pole......you would just reach up and grab the top :E Big Grin:

I'll just have to watch the goings on.

Hello everybody,

I have been running around like a chicken that head is cut off since I am back in SA and missed the thread completely. We as Hartzview would love to be considered as a host outfitter.... Please let me know what needs to be done from our side and we will gladly host our AH friends to a wonderful safari.

Thank you and looking forward on being a part of this.

Best regards,

Jacques

Glad you caught the thread Jacques.

I knew you'd jump in here Jacques once you got back home!

Pole Dancing: How many days need to be added to accommodate this activity?
No extra days - just cuts into your nighttime activities. I mean caracal, bushpig, leopard blind, etc. Just had to clarify, cause I know how you guys think!!!!!

Hahaha K-Man we will put Ruan on the pole for a night... I bet a lot of the guys will then rather be hunting in the cold..... ;-)

Hahaha K-Man we will put Ruan on the pole for a night... I bet a lot of the guys will then rather be hunting in the cold..... ;-)

Cold, hot, dry, raining, snowing, windy.......whatever! Just started to get over sharing a hotel room with him and you go and post this, eechh!

Makes you think about the accommodation during this kind o hunt doesn't it.

I have been out of touch since this thread started but like the idea of an AH group hunt.

A PG hunt is good. A couple of thoughts from my perspective.

1. 1x1 hunting is preferable. 2x1 is possible, but I would need to know who I was hunting with from a safety perspective.

2. lodging. Prefer my own room. I am told I snore. I don't enjoy being in a room with others that snore. I am also at the age that I get up at night and don't want to bother others. My guess is that most of us fall into this category.

3. Timing. Depends on when the hunt takes place. Earlier in the year or later in the year are better from my perspective due to business. Flights are also cheaper.

4. Location. Most outfitters who have volunteered so far have a good selection of animals. If not I can hunt franklin and guinea for a week with no problem. The deep sea fishing for a day or two is also intriguing.

I prefer hunting on a large property. If a group of say six is split up, I guess hunting on smaller properties would work. I just prefer larger properties. (This comment is meant to be an observation, not a slight)

A DG hunt. Not sure how this would work other than a buff hunt. Might have hippo and croc available as well. If memory serves me correct, Fairgame had a group hunt and split up animals with some taking buff, croc, hippo, sable, roan, kudu, puku. etc. I believe this was in lieu of an individual full bag hunt. If A PH wants to do this I am certainly open to it as well.

Looking forward to hearing others thoughts.

All the best.

I can arrange for a couple of days of bird hunting for the group not too far from Hartzview's main camp. Depending on the time of the year we can hunt rock pigeon, Guinea fowl, franklin and a lot of water birds.

If the guys would be up for it we can also go to our Kalahari concession that borders Namibia, Botswana.... This is a 140 000acre area that borders the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on one side and Namibia on the other side.

Phil has been there once before. There we can hunt BIG common springbuck, BIG eland, Hartebeest, BIG Gemsbuck and some smaller game. Heck I can even put a cull package together for the group if you guys just want to throw lead in the air..... (And see who has the best shooting average!) Better bring long range calibres for that though.....

I am running a couple of thoughts here so please feel free to let me know what you guys think....

Best regards,

Jacques

I can arrange for a couple of days of bird hunting for the group not too far from Hartzview's main camp. Depending on the time of the year we can hunt rock pigeon, Guinea fowl, franklin and a lot of water birds.

If the guys would be up for it we can also go to our Kalahari concession that borders Namibia, Botswana.... This is a 140 000acre area that borders the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on one side and Namibia on the other side.

Phil has been there once before. There we can hunt BIG common springbuck, BIG eland, Hartebeest, BIG Gemsbuck and some smaller game. Heck I can even put a cull package together for the group if you guys just want to throw lead in the air..... (And see who has the best shooting average!) Better bring long range calibres for that though.....

I am running a couple of thoughts here so please feel free to let me know what you guys think....

Best regards,

Jacques

Big anything is always fun.

Long Range culling has a different twist.

Birds never get old. If you could get your ostriches to flush and fly over my percentages might go up.

Like all the options being thrown out.

To all outfitters concerned I want to join in and hunt what do I get for Biltong hunting prices or do you have a couple of flatskin hunts or non trophy species or baboons or jackals available?

;)
Just asking as our Rand has depreciated by 15% to the $ and I should be getting something at least... :)

To all outfitters concerned I want to join in and hunt what do I get for Biltong hunting prices or do you have a couple of flatskin hunts or non trophy species or baboons or jackals available?

;)
Just asking as our Rand has depreciated by 15% to the $ and I should be getting something at least... :)

Just so I can say I hunted with you if the hunt happens with paw print I will get you a SA goat(blesbuck) and a baboon. I just want to hear more stories as we hunt. Just think hunting 2x1 with me you may never be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross