African Sunset Pictures

don't you know you must only use big hooks ,to catch big hippo........

Took ten years of filming to get enough sun shots... Spike.

:rolleyes: here you go simon @TMS taken 10 mins ago from the first floor verandah !!!

DSCN0560.JPG

Looks like you have a large rise and fall ,with your tides there, skipper

Brickburn, have you never trolled for hippo? And here I thought you knew everything.

there was a hippo on the other end of the line caught through the ear , and we worked the boat to keep it on for about 10 mins, as to start with we werent sure what it was until it eventually came up :D

P1000954.JPG

Why not just dive in, wrestle them outta the water, and go fist to cuff with the hippos? Fishing gear seems an unfair advantage don't you think?

A little 30's style boxing. "Put up your dukes, hippo"

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickburn, have you never trolled for hippo? And here I thought you knew everything.

Still learning every day mate.

Thank our lucky stars for the few $$$$$ tips....:A Band:

Spike, was only pulling your leg. Still in SA.

I'm afraid the only sunset photo I have. Taken at camp in the Baviaans mountains in the Eastern Cape. The times I hunted in South Africa, I was either in a vehicle on my way to hunt a concession during the sunrise. Or on my way back from a concession when the sun was setting. :( I will have to make extra time for photos the next time I am in Africa.
522195_392691057436582_997569737_n.jpg

I will admit that I only got one good sunset picture this last trip, but I did get one.

DSC01181_resized.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelia90J

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you