ADVICE WANTED - SCOPE MOUNT FOR CZ 550

Dieter Rabe

New member
Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
Wellington, Western Cape
Member of
Cape Hunters and Game Conservation Association
Hunted
South Africa (Karoo, Kalahari); Namibia (Mariental area)
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.

I have bought myself a CZ 550 Varmint in 308 and my parents gave me a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 for my 21st birthday last week, and am now busy with research for good mounts for this setup.

Am still waiting for my license applications from the SAPS so I can't test the setup yet.

I live in RSA, Western Cape (Wellington), and have a budget of about R4000 for the mounts.

Does anybody have experience with this optic and rifle setup and what are your thoughts on this?

This is my rifle and scope so far.
IMG-20160713-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20160820-WA0002.jpeg


Thanks
Dieter
 
Welcome

I have a set that I took off my old 375 worked 100%

They are 25 mm mounts.

If you want them you can have them.

Just arrange a courier or someone to pick up.

I am in JHB
 
Warne mounts will be a good choice

+1 on the Warne recommendation. But @Roan's offer would be hard to turn down if it works on your rifle.
 
Nothing wrong with Warne, I use them and Burris recently. IMO - as long as you use steel, any brand is going to be just fine.
 
Thanks for the offer Roan but the scope is a 30mm model. I really appreciate the offer thou.
 
No problem!

Warne in our country is expensive.

Go get some Leupold mounts they will work just as well.

Its a low recoil rifle so no need to over pay and over do.
 
Leupold will certainly do the trick!
 
I'm guessing it's the standard square bridge rear mount with std CZ/BRNO indentation. 30mm Burris, CZ or Talley Ringmounts would also work. There is a 1pc 30mm unit that is available from CZUB.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,027
Members
168,810
Latest member
WillaBeyer
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top