Bigkudu

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
For all that have a good experience with dip, pack and shipping, please tell us about, How much you pay? Which company you used and How was their service?
Because this is a big problem, many people is paying to much and get a very bad service.
Thanks to all for their comments

Big Kudu

I have not experienced any issues in care and shipment of my trophies...

I am not sure what "BIG PROBLEM" you are referring to...

Have you had a "BIG PROBLEM"?

You are making a great many negative statements (shooting from the hip to say) with no documentation or information to back up your claims.

Or are you just "fishing"

Im calling a big problem to get my trophys with big bold patches all over 6 of my trophys, I pay for crating and get my trophys on boxes with holes and when I open the box and found a lot of insects inside.
I have to pay a big bill for shipping and have to pay twice because they send me again the skins and one was again damage. Thats the reason Im asking, I dont want to happen again, Im trying to get advice for my next trip.

Alguien que pueda decirnos de companias de preparacion de trofeos y empaques y envios, lo que pagaron por estos servicios? la compania que utilizaron el servicio que recibieron como fue? ya que a mi me mandaron los trofeos en cajas de carton, las pieles perdieron mucho pelo, 6 de ellas y venian insectos dentro de las cajas.
espero alguien pueda ayudarme con su experiencia ya que no quiero volver a pasar por lo mismo.
saludos y gracias de antemano

Bigkudu...

I better understand your question and issues you have went through...and one should not have to go through what you are experiencing.

First, i go to my taxidermist to see who they work with and go with there recommendations...that solves a lot of issues...

Second, you have the option of taking the dip and pack company to court...but is it worth it...

Third, did you purchase trophy insurance to cover the point of this forum question...while having a insurance policy to cover your trophy's is needed not everyone will take the time and expense to obtain.

Where/how do you look for a quote for insurance on your dip/pack taxidermy work until it arrives to you safley.

Well they figure out how much it costs to replace the animal....because if the horns, tusks are gone...you are screwed...capes can be replaced, but even some people are finicky about that. Insurance doesn't cost much....and usually there is a $500 deductible unless you want it less...then of course you will pay more for the cost of the insurance.

Now the real thing you have to worry about is getting someone to pay...if there is damage or missing stuff in your crate or box...don't expect a check in the mail anytime soon. It takes time and patience.

Where/how do you look for a quote for insurance on your dip/pack taxidermy work until it arrives to you safley.
Good shipping co's usually offer this as part of the shipping quote. An option but it is available.
Who, knows when the damage occurred.
You better trust that taxidermist and your outfitter.
Without the whole chain, from skinner to freight forwarder your trophies are at risk.

Dip Pack

First off I'd never use a taxidermist to dip pack and ship.
Use a Dip and Pack Only company.
Your skins sit in africa more than 6 months your going to get bug damage or skin damage from the summer heat.
I have had salted skins and horns arrive in as little as 8 weeks from the time they arrived at dip pack company.
If a taxidermy company isn't going to get your business they are not going to expedite your skins when you want they will do it when they want to and when they have time. Their mounting is more important then shipping out work they didn't get.

I find this to be quite correct. My trophies from Oct. of 2010 are just now in the crating process then will go to the shipping company. One year! The Taxidermy Company the outfitter deals with is so huge I just hope I get the right horns and skins. I have received the wrong trophies a couple of times for my clients, who did the dip-n-pack I do not know.

My two previous trips were 6-8 months with different companies. I will sure find a different company for my 2012 hunts.
Your skins sit in africa more than 6 months your going to get bug damage or skin damage from the summer heat.
I have had salted skins and horns arrive in as little as 8 weeks from the time they arrived at dip pack company.
If a taxidermy company isn't going to get your business they are not going to expedite your skins when you want they will do it when they want to and when they have time. Their mounting is more important then shipping out work they didn't get.

I think that is excellent advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg