A question for the Professional Hunters, European hunters and African hunters...

What North American big game species would you most like to hunt?

• 1. Moose

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • 2. Elk

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • 3. Pronghorn antelope

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 4. Mule deer

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 5. Whitetail deer

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 6. Caribou

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 7. Black bear

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 8. Grizzly bear/Brown bear

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 9. Wild boar/feral hog

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 10. Other (please specify in your post)

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Which North American big game animal would YOU most like to hunt? I'm curious as to what species those who hunt primarily overseas find interesting/attractive and why.
Consider that money is not an object, and if you have a "subspecies" (such as couse deer or black tail deer, or Roosevelt elk or Tule elk,)please put that in your post.
Thanks, and I look forward to reading your responses................(y)

Last edited:
Intersting question.

Well Jacques @Hartzview Hunting Safaris called me a rather unflattering term when I told him I'd be hunting elk again this year......so I'm guessing elk will top the list.

Elk or grizzly bear would top my list.

I have just about watched every single Elk hunting video there is on YouTube. They are beautiful animals and I love the bugle. The channel SolerHunter is brilliant.
So for me it's Elk all the way.

Jono, imagine a lovely bear rug on the floor in front of the fire...but I agree the sound of the bugle is wonderful.

Nothing like the majestic grizzly bear and dall sheep

Not trying to influence anyone's vote here.......................:)

Dave H 6x7 Elk 2007.jpg

As European hunter, a moose and then an elk.

@375 Ruger Fan , all I can say is..."WOW!!!"..
Simon...........thanks. Yes, putting an arrow into this 6x7 big boy was a dream come true. I have hunted elk in Montana about 6 or 7 times over the past 15 years and taken a few bulls, but this is the one hanging on the wall. Also took a 6x7 mule deer a couple of years ago at the same place.

For anyone dreaming about a first class elk hunt, I can strongly recommend Rising Son Outfitters (http://www.huntinginmontana.com/). Randy and Dena Petrich run a first class operation. Their ranch is just north of Yellowstone, on the east side of the Paradise Valley. The ranch adjoins national forest and wilderness area. Very rugged country and a physically demanding hunt. Lots of horse riding and a fair amount of hiking. Fly in and out of Bozeman, a really neat town to spend a few days in too. Check them out.

Moose, and Brown Bear.

with the stupid cost of beef these days moose would top my list

Polar bear on dog sled in the Canadian Arctic.

R.

Any of the wild sheep.

muskox, for a change-ofpace NA big game hunting experience...

A big brownie for sure. It's a tough hunt as the weather is usually miserable in the best places but the element of true danger is definitely there and a Big Brown bear is just freaking huge....you truly don't ever know how big there are until you approach him in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg