A Good Example Of What Can Happen When Your Trophies Are Not Cared For Properly

as usual,great work.

impressive!

Three months ago I was told by my taxidermist in Namibia, that everything was finished and they would crate and ship as soon as I paid up., which I did within 24 hours. After a month or so with no word I emailed them to ask "How's it going?" To which I got the reply all was well, they were finished the kudu and almost ready to start the Oryx, and the hides were still in production. I asked them to explain the part of their last letter which stated they were "done and ready to ship". They explained that it was a 'form letter' they send out when getting close to completion of an order. They further explained that one of their taxidermists had been ill, and a public holiday had slowed things down. Time goes on... last week (3 months after paying in full) I emailed again. No answer. Getting frustrated I contacted my PH who early on had adamantly informed me that he wanted to ensure my complete satisfaction with anything related to my hunting experience. I had not wanted to bother him, he is my only contact in Namibia.
He assured me he was going to Windhoek at the end of last week, and would check in on the taxidermist.
I imagine this will all work out. But it is frustrating to pay out money, and have trouble getting so much as a quick email reply that says 'all is well, and things are progressing a bit slower than usual.'

Last edited:
Three months ago I was told by my taxidermist in Namibia, that everything was finished and they would crate and ship as soon as I paid up., which I did within 24 hours. After a month or so with no word I emailed them to ask "How's it going?" To which I got the reply all was well, they were finished the kudu and almost ready to start the Oryx, and the hides were still in production. I asked them to explain the part of their last letter which stated they were "done and ready to ship". They explained that it was a 'form letter' they send out when getting close to completion of an order. They further explained that one of their taxidermists had been ill, and a public holiday had slowed things down. Time goes on... last week (3 months after paying in full) I emailed again. No answer. Getting frustrated I contacted my PH who early on had adamantly informed me that he wanted to ensure my complete satisfaction with anything related to my hunting experience. I had not wanted to bother him, he is my only contact in Namibia.
He assured me he was going to Windhoek at the end of last week, and would check in on the taxidermist.
I imagine this will all work out. But it is frustrating to pay out money, and have trouble getting so much as a quick email reply that says 'all is well, and things are progressing a bit slower than usual.'
I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSIclient. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSI client. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.
I will check these guys out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosella is amazing. I don't even worry till she says pay and then send the money. They really are worth it.

Ditto on SSI. I m using them again for my safari this year.

I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSIclient. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.

Gizmo,
Amen to SSI. I've used them for my last 2 hunts and are working with them on my next one. I don't have to even think about anything. They handle it all and notify me when I have to know what's happening. Another reason I use Karoo Taxidermy in RSA (per SSI recommendation) to dip and pack all my trophies. I have 15 head and absolutely no problems. I use Animal Artistry in Reno, NV for my final work and they are very satisfied with Karoo's work. No problems with the condition of hides and horns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross