A-Frame or Scirocco for mixed bag

I won't say anything about the Sciroccos, as I have no experience with them. Seems the reports are good.

The A-Frame I have watched being used. And they are simply devastating. I'm a big North Fork fan, but until I can get them again, it'll be A-Frames going down my barrels.

I don't think it is even possible for an A frame to fail...

Have used them both. If you plan on breaking lots of heavy bone then use the A frames. The scirocco is a faster expanding bullet and has a tendency to shed more weight when hitting bone . For your situation i would lean twords the scirocco. As stated above moose for as big as they are dont take much punishment . The scirocco seems to have more of that boom flop factor on deer size game. I have only used them in 300 win mag . I have shot African game and North american with them both. Either way it's a win win !

I’ve been hunting moose in Norway a few times. Up there the hunters almost exclusively use Norma Oryx bullets. But nonetheless they do not regard moose as a particularly hard animal to kill. I've seen most killed perfectly adequately with 6.5x55, 308, 30-06, and on and on.
But IMHO, the A Frame is regarded as a tougher bullet than a Scirocco. I would plump for a bullet more inclined to expand.

All week we hunted for a Bull. We got way back into an old logging area. Some newer tracks encouraged us so we went back there. I followed this track into the Bush and, at one point I thought he was going to show himself. Turns out I pushed him past my friend who heard him but never saw him to get the shot....and off he went.....
20201128_092951.jpg

So, the A-Frames stayed in their cases sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg