A-Frame or Scirocco for mixed bag

I won't say anything about the Sciroccos, as I have no experience with them. Seems the reports are good.

The A-Frame I have watched being used. And they are simply devastating. I'm a big North Fork fan, but until I can get them again, it'll be A-Frames going down my barrels.

I don't think it is even possible for an A frame to fail...

Have used them both. If you plan on breaking lots of heavy bone then use the A frames. The scirocco is a faster expanding bullet and has a tendency to shed more weight when hitting bone . For your situation i would lean twords the scirocco. As stated above moose for as big as they are dont take much punishment . The scirocco seems to have more of that boom flop factor on deer size game. I have only used them in 300 win mag . I have shot African game and North american with them both. Either way it's a win win !

I’ve been hunting moose in Norway a few times. Up there the hunters almost exclusively use Norma Oryx bullets. But nonetheless they do not regard moose as a particularly hard animal to kill. I've seen most killed perfectly adequately with 6.5x55, 308, 30-06, and on and on.
But IMHO, the A Frame is regarded as a tougher bullet than a Scirocco. I would plump for a bullet more inclined to expand.

All week we hunted for a Bull. We got way back into an old logging area. Some newer tracks encouraged us so we went back there. I followed this track into the Bush and, at one point I thought he was going to show himself. Turns out I pushed him past my friend who heard him but never saw him to get the shot....and off he went.....
20201128_092951.jpg

So, the A-Frames stayed in their cases sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you