Glenn Slaven

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
I said I was done buying guns for a while until I got some stuff paid off. But then...my curiosity got to me and I made one too many phone calls and found the second 9.3 Sisk that Charlie had made was for sale. The price was right and came with does, a bunch of brass, and bullets. Still need to get rings to mount a scope and take it out to play. It’s going to get a new, more traditional bolt handle and a new stock eventually. This is the picture the previous owner sent me (I don’t do leather work).

Big bonus for me was that he already had loads worked up for it, so that should save me some time and money.

AC514C03-6561-4C63-B690-14F09645FD84.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on the tacti-cool bolt handle! I believe the 9.3 Sisk is the 8RM necked up to .366 the 350 mag necked up is the 9.3 BS if memory serves me.

I'm new to the 9.3X62mm caliber, thanks to Tradex in Canada. I bought a 1958 mfg Husqvarna 1600, put a 3-9 Leopold on it, and for the first time in my life got an exact bullseye on target at 100 meters. I then shot 3 more with less than 1" moa. Shooting PRVI 286 bullets with fairly stout RL15 load. I am very impressed, wish I had known about this mid bore earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimProbst1

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.