7mm-08 a not so hidden gem

@CBH Australia
Chris took me a while to figure out the emojis but I think I got it.
Your think I'm one eyed.
Love stirring the pot
But I can't figure out why your hiding under the chair unless you don't like admitting you use a 243.
Last one you better get our of here before your mates find out you use a 243
Haha haha
Bob
Bob, that was Ragman emoji sentence
I dont have a lot of experience with the .243, i do like the little .243 rifle i bought the wife.
I really like my .7mm-08 ithas performed well on pigs as far as quick kills and dropping them quickly. The little Tikka CTR is nicely balanced l and good from the car and ok to carry if i dont have anything else with me.

I don't know what difference it would make, the 7-08 or the 308, and a magnatude of others..since they all seem to kill well if you do your part, but sorry to rain on your parades guys..

I don't know what difference it would make, the 7-08 or the 308, and a magnatude of others..since they all seem to kill well if you do your part, but sorry to rain on your parades guys..
You are right, many like the .270. In real world performance with suitable projectile and shot placement they all do it.
It’s just a bit of fun as a shooter to consider the options and see what works.
I have a thing for 7mm-08 and have used the .308 more having had it previously.
I have a few rifles and half the fun is working out the rifle, scope, load and being able to have choice and maybe a couple of rifles set. Up for different purposes.

I had a Savage 7-08 that was an awesome gun. Accurate and reduced recoil. I could drive tacks with it with Barnes 120 gr. ammo. Sometimes regret I ever got rid of it. A great gun for Whitetail deer. Very good caliber for a youth hunter, which could evolve into a lifetime gun !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,