450 Rigby vs 458 Lott

That's a real pain in the A... Should mean a new (upgraded?) stock. Lean on them for an upgrade, cry a bit, but don't threaten, of course ...
Since it was unfired, but pre-owned, I'm just going to get my money back. Kimber will not warranty I'm sure.

If you really fancy the rifle otherwise it'd be pretty easy to fix. The seller should've disclosed the flaw. Maybe they'd be willing to cover the cost of repair.
They did offer to repair it in their own shop. They are a gunsmith shop as well. I just hate to trust an unknown shop to repair what was listed as a new gun, and then have it crack again later, and end up having to buy a new stock.

I have never cared for them for end tips on a rifle. They look real good when they crack or better yet fall off.

Well, they're going to refund me the sale price, but not the shipping or transfer fee. So....I'm out $78 for my troubles. Good deal eh?!

Well, they're going to refund me the sale price, but not the shipping or transfer fee. So....I'm out $78 for my troubles. Good deal eh?!
That's actually intensely irritating! They try an fob off a defective rifle and then balk at a full refund. It would be different if you had been advised of the crack. Shame. I hope you have better luck with the 450 Rigby you are about to purchase:)

That's actually intensely irritating! They try an fob off a defective rifle and then balk at a full refund. It would be different if you had been advised of the crack. Shame. I hope you have better luck with the 450 Rigby you are about to purchase:)
Now I've gotten them to at least knock off the transfer fee, so a loss of $58. Still irritating, but not quite as bad. Now, what to do with the 50 pieces of Lott brass I just bought? Trade for Rigby brass??? :)

Now I've gotten them to at least knock off the transfer fee, so a loss of $58. Still irritating, but not quite as bad. Now, what to do with the 50 pieces of Lott brass I just bought? Trade for Rigby brass??? :)

Hmmm....don't waste that brass. Guess you are going to own both calibers! congratulations, its twins:ROFLMAO:

Man, what a joke! Sorry to hear @TOBY458

Alright! It's Thursday night at 9:53 est. If I get 5 votes between now and 10:30pm, I'm going to buy the Sako 450 Rigby tonight! Start the voting! One vote per person only.......

Yes go for it

Go for it.

The sad part about all of this, is the people I bought the Kimber from immediately relisted the rifle and are still calling it new.

Hi Toby, Am Just curious if you ended up pulling the trigger on that .450 Rigby?

Hi Toby, Am Just curious if you ended up pulling the trigger on that .450 Rigby?
No. I decided to save my money and put toward another animal or two in SA this July. I can always buy a rifle, but I never know when I'll be able to hunt Africa again. I've been practicing some with my 416 today, and not sure I want more recoil than that anyway!:A Bonk:

Push feed, no no.

The push feed doesn't worry me but the 6 o'clock ejector does. Some have had issues.

sako8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg