450 Rigby vs 458 Lott

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
That's a real pain in the A... Should mean a new (upgraded?) stock. Lean on them for an upgrade, cry a bit, but don't threaten, of course ...
Since it was unfired, but pre-owned, I'm just going to get my money back. Kimber will not warranty I'm sure.

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
If you really fancy the rifle otherwise it'd be pretty easy to fix. The seller should've disclosed the flaw. Maybe they'd be willing to cover the cost of repair.
They did offer to repair it in their own shop. They are a gunsmith shop as well. I just hate to trust an unknown shop to repair what was listed as a new gun, and then have it crack again later, and end up having to buy a new stock.

lwaters

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I have never cared for them for end tips on a rifle. They look real good when they crack or better yet fall off.

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well, they're going to refund me the sale price, but not the shipping or transfer fee. So....I'm out $78 for my troubles. Good deal eh?!

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Well, they're going to refund me the sale price, but not the shipping or transfer fee. So....I'm out $78 for my troubles. Good deal eh?!
That's actually intensely irritating! They try an fob off a defective rifle and then balk at a full refund. It would be different if you had been advised of the crack. Shame. I hope you have better luck with the 450 Rigby you are about to purchase:)

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
That's actually intensely irritating! They try an fob off a defective rifle and then balk at a full refund. It would be different if you had been advised of the crack. Shame. I hope you have better luck with the 450 Rigby you are about to purchase:)
Now I've gotten them to at least knock off the transfer fee, so a loss of $58. Still irritating, but not quite as bad. Now, what to do with the 50 pieces of Lott brass I just bought? Trade for Rigby brass??? :)

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
Now I've gotten them to at least knock off the transfer fee, so a loss of $58. Still irritating, but not quite as bad. Now, what to do with the 50 pieces of Lott brass I just bought? Trade for Rigby brass??? :)

Hmmm....don't waste that brass. Guess you are going to own both calibers! congratulations, its twins:ROFLMAO:

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Man, what a joke! Sorry to hear @TOBY458

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Alright! It's Thursday night at 9:53 est. If I get 5 votes between now and 10:30pm, I'm going to buy the Sako 450 Rigby tonight! Start the voting! One vote per person only.......

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
Yes go for it

flat8

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
Go for it.

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
The sad part about all of this, is the people I bought the Kimber from immediately relisted the rifle and are still calling it new.

SWARA

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hi Toby, Am Just curious if you ended up pulling the trigger on that .450 Rigby?

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Toby, Am Just curious if you ended up pulling the trigger on that .450 Rigby?
No. I decided to save my money and put toward another animal or two in SA this July. I can always buy a rifle, but I never know when I'll be able to hunt Africa again. I've been practicing some with my 416 today, and not sure I want more recoil than that anyway!:A Bonk:

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Push feed, no no.

The push feed doesn't worry me but the 6 o'clock ejector does. Some have had issues.

sako8.jpg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.