PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I know which one i would choose.

The 458 lott is practical, proven, dependable, ammo is accessible in 99% of the hunting situations you would find yourself in.
Its has enough diameter, weight, speed and penetration to do the job for any ph and any client.
In a well balanced rifle the recoil is not hard to get used to and become proficient with.

The 450 rigby can do just a little more in all those categories though.

Is more than a 458 lott needed? No... not until you need it though...

I would choose the 450 rigby as a guide/ph rifle with the 550gr.
I would choose the 458 lott as a client rifle with the 500gr.

I highly doubt any animal will know who shot it with which.
What I do know is that I would be shooting the 450 Rigby!

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
In a few more days I'll be home and I know which one I'll be shooting....The Lott! In a #1of all things! Just in time for the Fall. Smoke and thunder in the woods!

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
"The 458 Lott is a killing machine and has been doing it in Africa with ease for many years. 500 grains at 2300 FPS can bring down anything on this planet with a correctly placed shot. "

when I load my 458 Win Mag strongly I also get these data.
But as you know it is no good in AH :E Frightened:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
"The 458 Lott is a killing machine and has been doing it in Africa with ease for many years. 500 grains at 2300 FPS can bring down anything on this planet with a correctly placed shot. "

when I load my 458 Win Mag strongly I also get these data.
But as you know it is no good in AH :E Frightened:

Anything that throws a .45 cal, 500 gr bullet at 2300 fps is deadly, it really doesn’t matter what the headstamp says!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.