416 Rigby By Rigby Bespoke Rifle

plkardasz

Reaction score
Media
Big game rifle in caliber 416 Rigby, model BG 195 Big Game DSB. Custom made by Rigby in London in 2015. The 24” lightweight barrel features the traditional Rigby ¼ rib. The rifle was made in the highest available specification, including:

• Grade 9 wood
  • London Best oil finish
  • Chequered bolt handle
  • Gold double 'R' on bolt handle
  • Gold double 'KK' on grip cap
  • Gold inlay back sight
  • Leather cover recoil pad
This is a Double Square Bridge model. The Winchester style safety is in the horizontal position to facilitate the fitting of a variety of mounting systems on the machined bridges. A pivot mount is fitted. Scope Leica Magnus 1,5-10x42 of excellent light transmission of 92%. Recticle illumination in form of a dot with 64 levels of light intensity in day and night modes and an automatic shutdown system when idle. The ballistic knob allows for vertical adjustment according to data from the Applied Ballistics® system from the Leica binoculars. The scope is fully waterproof and can withstand immersion to a depth of 4 m. The lenses are protected against damage and fogging by multi-layer AquaDura coatings and filling the interior with nitrogen.

Fitted with the classic Rigby ‘belly’ box floor plate, each rifle holds four rounds in the magazine and a fifth in the chamber. The barrel features express sights with a fixed V and two folding leaves zeroed at 65, 150 and 250 yards. The iron sights can easily be regulated by simply adjusting the height of the front bead. Spare front sight bead in grip cap.

Custom made aluminum carry case with Rigby logo and 3 independent locks, meets airline gun transport requirements.
Price $25,000,-

Rigby-1aweb.jpg
Rigby-2web.jpg
Rigby-3web.jpg
Rigby-4web.jpg
Rigby-5web.jpg
Rigby-6web.jpg
Rigby-7web.jpg
Target-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that’s a beautiful rifle and a caliber at a modest price.
Unfortunately we can’t import firearms into India or else I would have certainly picked it up. Good luck.

Now THAT is the perfect rifle for Africa. Totally sorted out and ready to go for 25k and not dropping in value. I will be surprised if it's not sold soon.

Great price on a Rigby Big Game with the upgraded wood and the additional engraving. It's a steal at $25,000 with the scope included. If I didn't already have a Big Game 416 Rigby I would buy it.

“For all sad words of tongue or pen
The saddest are these: ‘it might have been’ “

Aggressively priced for what it is. GLWS!

Now that’s a beautiful rifle and a caliber at a modest price.
Unfortunately we can’t import firearms into India or else I would have certainly picked it up. Good luck.
Bapu, you will obviously know far more about this matter than I will. But I heard somewhere that member’s of NRAI can import new firearms in any Non Prohibited caliber up to .315 bore ?

Sent some questions to you offline. Interested to hear more about this rifle.

Bapu, you will obviously know far more about this matter than I will. But I heard somewhere that member’s of NRAI can import new firearms in any Non Prohibited caliber up to .315 bore ?
Habib Saheb only renowned shooters can import a “Target model rifle “ but not bigger than 300 magnum.
375,416 etc not possible. That’s the reason why big bores are expensive in India. For eg 375 h&h mag model 70 would comfortably sell for $7500..

Big game rifle in caliber 416 Rigby, model BG 195 Big Game DSB. Custom made by Rigby in London in 2015. The 24” lightweight barrel features the traditional Rigby ¼ rib. The rifle was made in the highest available specification, including:

• Grade 9 wood
  • London Best oil finish
  • Chequered bolt handle
  • Gold double 'R' on bolt handle
  • Gold double 'KK' on grip cap
  • Gold inlay back sight
  • Leather cover recoil pad
This is a Double Square Bridge model. The Winchester style safety is in the horizontal position to facilitate the fitting of a variety of mounting systems on the machined bridges. A pivot mount is fitted. Scope Leica Magnus 1,5-10x42 of excellent light transmission of 92%. Recticle illumination in form of a dot with 64 levels of light intensity in day and night modes and an automatic shutdown system when idle. The ballistic knob allows for vertical adjustment according to data from the Applied Ballistics® system from the Leica binoculars. The scope is fully waterproof and can withstand immersion to a depth of 4 m. The lenses are protected against damage and fogging by multi-layer AquaDura coatings and filling the interior with nitrogen.

Fitted with the classic Rigby ‘belly’ box floor plate, each rifle holds four rounds in the magazine and a fifth in the chamber. The barrel features express sights with a fixed V and two folding leaves zeroed at 65, 150 and 250 yards. The iron sights can easily be regulated by simply adjusting the height of the front bead. Spare front sight bead in grip cap.

Custom made aluminum carry case with Rigby logo and 3 independent locks, meets airline gun transport requirements.
Price $25,000,-

View attachment 546898View attachment 546899View attachment 546900View attachment 546901View attachment 546902View attachment 546903View attachment 546904View attachment 546905
Sent you some questions.

I sent questions but haven't heard back anything yet in a couple of days.

Now we are talking. This is a wonderful thing that needs a new home - maybe in Texas?
I just received a message back. The gun is in Poland. Seller is currently in Namibia for a few days yet. So good explanation for the lack of responses;)

I just received a message back. The gun is in Poland. Seller is currently in Namibia for a few days yet. So good explanation for the lack of responses;)
Darn. That could be tricky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.