AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well some years we are nice and Santa show's up with a nice gift under the tree. 1875 C-Sharps in 405 WIN. I am not the best photographer so I hope the nice color case and full fiddle back walnut comes out. The 1875 was a rifle that only made it to prototype status under the sharps company. However since they made 3 prototypes the BPCR recognizes it for competition. Me Just glad to have a single shot stable mate for my 405 Double. Hope everyone had a happy and Merry Christmas.

csharps405.jpg
Csharps2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I would have to have the sissy pad on the shoulder before I shot it however.

The wood looks great with the slim Sharps.
Please let us know how it shoots and if the big ole' barrel dampens the recoil.

neat rifle!

-matt

I had Shilo Sharps make a 1874 rifle for me a few years ago and I asked the custom shop if they would make it in 405 WCF for me. They said no, even after I offered to supply a Badger barrel for it. The shop manager said that because it was a different, but close bore size to their 40's that he was concerned it might be put on the wrong gun. I just asked if that is the case how do they tell the .44 vs .45 barrels apart. Never got a response.

Anyway, ended up getting one in 45-70.

Fsrmg1 I talked with both Shilo and C-Sharps and just had a better feeling about Csharps, plus they will make a 405 on a 1874, 1875, Highwall and Hepburn actions so I was intrigued by the 1875 so game them the nod to build and my wife took care of the rest. I don't understand the comment on the "Close to their bore sizes" a 40/50 through a 40/90 wouldn't cause any problems as the only one that is close is the 40/70 straight sharps. It would fit in a 405 but not the other way around unless the chamber was cut very generous. Even so the 40/70 operating pressures are much lower. The 40/90 won't chamber in a 405 the other way around would result in very poor accuracy in the 40/90. If you didn't figure out your mistake after one shot well you don't need to be shooting. I have yet to see anyone that would go to all the trouble of ordering a custom rifle in a not very common round not know what they were getting and how to load for it. Oh well the things that make you scratch your head:Pompus:

Phil a 405 that weights 10Lbs will have a mild recoil.

Beautiful and unique rifle! I love the .405.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!