AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well some years we are nice and Santa show's up with a nice gift under the tree. 1875 C-Sharps in 405 WIN. I am not the best photographer so I hope the nice color case and full fiddle back walnut comes out. The 1875 was a rifle that only made it to prototype status under the sharps company. However since they made 3 prototypes the BPCR recognizes it for competition. Me Just glad to have a single shot stable mate for my 405 Double. Hope everyone had a happy and Merry Christmas.

csharps405.jpg
Csharps2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I would have to have the sissy pad on the shoulder before I shot it however.

The wood looks great with the slim Sharps.
Please let us know how it shoots and if the big ole' barrel dampens the recoil.

neat rifle!

-matt

I had Shilo Sharps make a 1874 rifle for me a few years ago and I asked the custom shop if they would make it in 405 WCF for me. They said no, even after I offered to supply a Badger barrel for it. The shop manager said that because it was a different, but close bore size to their 40's that he was concerned it might be put on the wrong gun. I just asked if that is the case how do they tell the .44 vs .45 barrels apart. Never got a response.

Anyway, ended up getting one in 45-70.

Fsrmg1 I talked with both Shilo and C-Sharps and just had a better feeling about Csharps, plus they will make a 405 on a 1874, 1875, Highwall and Hepburn actions so I was intrigued by the 1875 so game them the nod to build and my wife took care of the rest. I don't understand the comment on the "Close to their bore sizes" a 40/50 through a 40/90 wouldn't cause any problems as the only one that is close is the 40/70 straight sharps. It would fit in a 405 but not the other way around unless the chamber was cut very generous. Even so the 40/70 operating pressures are much lower. The 40/90 won't chamber in a 405 the other way around would result in very poor accuracy in the 40/90. If you didn't figure out your mistake after one shot well you don't need to be shooting. I have yet to see anyone that would go to all the trouble of ordering a custom rifle in a not very common round not know what they were getting and how to load for it. Oh well the things that make you scratch your head:Pompus:

Phil a 405 that weights 10Lbs will have a mild recoil.

Beautiful and unique rifle! I love the .405.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you